Chapter 21

Don't even mention Loki's Hair.

Word count: 1029

Harpers POV

I punched the man who was kidnapping the little girl who now was screaming hysterically. "GET HELP!" A passer-by yelled and I heard lots of people calling the police for help. I quickly surveyed the area to get an idea where everything was. 

The kidnapper grabbed my arm with his free hand and started dragging me. I refused and used one of my feet to kick his arm, breaking it. He let go of me and I quickly freed the small girl from his grasp. The little girl screamed and ran away towards the crowd of people. "You little weasel." He snapped and lunged at me. I jumped up and used my momentum to flip him onto his back. I landed on my feet but soon fell face-first into the grass.

"LOKI GET YOUR ARSE OVER HERE!" I yelled to see him already fighting a few other men who had appeared out of nowhere. He didn't have Jasper with him and as if on cue I heard a little boy scream. I stood up and started fighting the man who had Jasper in his arms. Jasper was screaming but I wasn't quick enough to save him. The kidnapper from before punched Jasper which knocked him out. I turned back to the man and lunged at him for hurting Jasper. He went onto the floor as I kicked his stomach causing him to lose his breath for a moment. Police sirens started coming into earshot of me, 'finally'.

I wished I had my knives but I didn't so I had to improvise instead. I kicked his jaw and heard another crack followed by a scream from him. I was pushed down my Loki's body flying at me as he was thrown by one of the other kidnappers. I pushed Loki off of me but then the man I was fighting grabbed my hair and pulled like there was no tomorrow. I screamed and started kicking around trying to get him to let my hair go. I heard Loki scream as three men started punching and kicking his already beaten body. I glared at Loki because he had made me lose Jasper. Jasper was hurt and I couldn't help him.

I somehow flipped my body around the kidnapper and knock us both to the ground. Sharp pain in my neck told me someone and injected me with something. I kicked around and heard a few grunts and groans from the men but I kept kicking as they dragged me away. Everything started to spin and my legs felt like jelly. I screamed and kicked someone in the groin and they doubled over but slapped my cheek in anger. The police sirens were so close now and I hoped they would get here in time. They didn't. The light from the sun started to drain from my view as I let this newfound exhaust take over my body.

Time Jump

A bright light filled my vision as I opened my eyes slightly. A strongly built man with muscles, I didn't even know existed, stood in front of me with what looked like a whip. I started to struggle but my hands and feet were restrained onto the metal chair I sat on. I tried to yell for help but felt something over my mouth which I soon identified as ducktape. For the first time since I was a baby, I felt truly terrified.

Loki's POV

I waved my hand and a cloud of green smoke covered me but I could still see Harper being dragged away. Once it cleared I found myself kneeling on the floor of my brother's bedroom at the Tower. "Brother," I croaked out and tried to stand but failed, falling back to the floor. I mustered up my strength and yelled again. "Brother!" I screamed and soon heard footsteps running along the hallway outside the room. The door swung open and there stood the one and only, Tony Stark.

"Holy shit what's happened to you Raindeer Games?" He asked me and surprised me by kneeling beside me to help me up. He looked confused and very concerned. 

"We were attacked. We couldn't fight them. We were outnumbered." I said and he helped me stand up. He nodded and began helping me to walk to the hospital lab so he and Bruce could help me. 

"Wait WE?" He asked me and stopped dead in his tracks causing me to wobble.

"Harper, Jasper and I." I wheezed out barely being able to breathe as I had taken many kicks to the throat and stomach. I went to speak but Tony picked me up and carried me bridal style. Luckily he did just as the pain became too much for me and I passed out.

Yet another Time jump

"Loki?" I heard a familiar voice say to me and a hand on my shoulder. I blinked open my eyes to see my brother looking at me with concern on his face. "Loki what happened? Where's Harper and Jasper?" He asked and stood up properly as he had been leaning on the bed before.

I had only one word to say and it would answer both his questions. "H.Y.D.R.A," I said and closed my eyes again letting my body rest. Thor's heavy footsteps started to walk away from me and out the door.

Harpers POV

He hit me once more with his whip before putting his hand on my neck, choking me. I gasped for air but he refused and the lack of oxygen caused me to pass out.

When I awoke I was sitting in a cage that fitted the multiple descriptions of the cage Bucky was put in. They talked to me but it was like my head was underwater. I looked to my left to see another cage the same and inside was Jasper's limp body. He looked dead and I would have thought he was if not for his chest rising and falling ever so slightly. I tried to free myself when they started the machine and soon the pain was all I could think of.

Published 13th February 2021