Chapter 28

I enjoyed writing this so I hope you enjoy reading it. Tell me if you think she's badass enough.

Word count: 1006

Harpers POV

We all sat around a big table but nobody spoke. The man of Iron was the first to break the awkward silence that had settled over us. "As much fun as this is we need to talk. What the hell happened to you? Why do you only remember Loki? Will you stop attacking us?" He said and I guessed they all had similar questions.

I spoke uphoping it would be enough and that Jasper and I could go back to the relative safety of my room, "Um well I'm Harper Ivy Romanoff-Barton. Apparently my parents are you and you." I said while pointing to them. "I'm a teenager who spent her childhood in a foster home and was taken prisoner by HYDRA." I continued to explain my side of the story and they seemed to understand. "I don't know why I only remember Loki but I kinda recognise some of you others. I'll only attack you if I see fit. Also, don't touch Jasper or you will lose an eye." I warned with venom in my voice. The man of Thunder nodded at that to confirm my statement.

Jasper was not to be touched at any point in time by anyone but me. Nobody was taking him away from me again. He definitely wasn't going to get hurt again. I would rather kill them all then let him get hurt and they all knew that. 

"Harper, you lived here many years ago for a few weeks. Do you remember that?" The man of Iron asked and he seemed very hurt by my lack of knowledge on them. The two who were meant to be my parents looked very upset too. I shook my head being truthful to them. I didn't remember anything about them from being a kid or when I had apparently lived with them before being put in the foster system.

Arrow man took something from his pocket and slide it across the table. "I found this is the base you were being held in. It's your's from us. We gave it to you when you were first here years ago." He said and motioned to the woman. I looked at it and smiled to have it back. It was my arrow necklace only now it had only three jewels left. They were all on the top of the arrow and they shined beautifully.

"Thanks," I mumbled and put it on. I was glad to have it back but felt awkward taking it from them. It felt like it was no longer mine to take.

They kept talking about what they were going to do in the future when it came to mine and Jasper's safety. I chirped in when they started saying I would have to help them in fights. "As capable as I am with fighting, as you've all seen, I have to protect Jasper and nothing will make me leave him in any danger." I said putting emphasis on the 'nothing' as it was the truest thing I had ever said. I could feel the fire in my blood start to rage along with my temper.

"Harper, a mission could come up in which you have to leave him alone for quite some time. You will have to accept that and do your mission." I glared at the shield holder and stood up. I was aware of the red glowing that was happening around me but I didn't give a shit. Everyone watched as I walked around the table towards Steve. 

"What have you done?" A man in glasses said whisper/yelled at the shield holder. HE shrugged and watched as I leaned over to whisper in his ear. He needed to be told.

"Wanna use those ears of yours before I cut them off? Nothing will make me leave him in danger." I whispered into his ear and gave him a sharp kick onto his leg. When he was distracted I punched his nose then his throat and he fell off his chair. The chair broke at the impact of him crashing to the floor. 

An aura of red acted like my barrier and looked like fire. A few gasps came from the Avengers but it was obvious they were trying to hide it so that I sat on his chest with my legs either side of him. "Not. Even. YOU." I growled and punched him once more on his face. 

I got up and went back to my seat and put a protective arm around Jasper. Jasper had a small smirk on his face almost like he knew I was going to protect him no matter what. Jasper snuggled into me and I held him close.

Time Jump

After the shield holder messed up they decided not to push my temper any further that day. I took Jasper back to our room and he seemed pretty happy until his stomach told me he was hungry and for good reason too. I walked with him to the kitchen and Nat and Bruce were sitting and eating lunch. I wasn't sure of their names but I was picking it up when they talked to each other. I gave them both a quick warning glare then started making Jasper a peanut butter sandwich.

Jasper sat down and swung his legs as he didn't reach the ground. He looked so peaceful and trusting but I knew better.

The Avengers may claim their the good guys but they caused just as much pain as the bad guys.

Bruce left the room with a scared expression and Thor took his place next to Jasper. Thor moved over a seat when I glared at him and tightened my grip on the butter knife I was using. I handed Jasper his sandwich and got started on mine.

I sat in between Thor and Jasper just to make sure nobody hurt anybody else.

Published: 14th March 2021