Chapter 41

It's short I know.
Word count: 988

Harpers POV

I woke up with a yelp and I curled into a ball on my pillow. I cried softly and whimpered when Loki's lifeless body appeared infront of my eyes. My nightmares were still happening and it was causing me to hate myself even more than I did normally. 

I looked up from my knees hoping to see Loki alseep, but alive, next to me. He wasn't there. "Loki?" I called out weakly and I heard rustling from the bathroom. "Loki?" I called again and slowly climbed out of the bed.

I stepped carefully over to the bathroom and tried to make no noise. If Loki wasn't in the bathroom then who was and what had they done to Loki.

I knocked on the locked bathroom door and I heard more movement from inside."Loki? You okay?" I asked but only got a whimper in response.

My concern for Loki soon overpowered any fear of my dream from my mind. "I'm coming in. Be decent." I said and kicked the door. The lock broke and the door swung open to reveal Loki sitting inside an empty bath with wide eyes.

"Don't touch me." Loki said in a soft whimper. I stepped closer and he tried to scoot further back from me. "Please," he begged me and I saw a tear fall down his already wet face. 

I stopped moving and felt a tear of my own escape. "What's wrong Loki?" I asked and stopped myself from chargeing forward to hug him.

"I...I didn't do anything." Loki said and closed his eyes. "It was Lorelei. She made me hurt people." He said and hid his face in his knees.

"Loki...Loki I know. It wasn't you. You were not in control just like I wasn't. Neither of us meant to hurt the other." I said to him but also to myself. It was true. Neither of us meant to hurt the other but we did. What I did to Loki was worse than what he did to me though.

"Loki, I'm sorry. Please forgive me for hurting you. I understand." I said and Manges to get closer to Loki with out him freaking out.

It was like a switched flipped and he looked at me. "Harper? Are you alright?" He asked and jumped four of the bath. He hugged me tight and I hugged back.

"Loki, what happened to you?" I asked him and he let go. We made eye contact.

"I um... I also have nightmares of that fight." He said and smiled wearily. I smiled the same and pulled him back into a hug.

"Can we go back to sleep?" I asked him and he nodded. We walked back to the bed and fell asleep holding onto each other.

Time jump

Loki and I woke up after having a dreamless sleep. We were both relatively well rested but we were hungry. "Food?" I asked the barley awake Loki next to me.

"Food." He said with a chuckle and we climbed out of the bed. We headed to the kitchen and saw Steve cooking breakfast for everyone.

I sat at the bench and Steve slid a plate of food infront of me. "Thank you," I said and began eating. That's when I noticed Loki standing at the doorway and not coming in. What's wrong Loki?

Loki looked at me and I could see the worry in his eyes. What if they are mad at me? What of they hate me again? Loki asked and I shook my head.

Then I'll beat the shit out of them. Come sit down. I thought and I saw Loki chuckle slightly. He came over and sat next to me. Steve handed him a plate of food with a kind smile. Loki took the plate happily. See, they understand too. I thought and we are our breakfast together.

"Harp! LOKITTY!" Yelled Jasper as he came running into the room. I smiled and picked him up swiftly. Jasper smiled at Loki and hugged him. Loki was unsure at first but he hugged Jasper back. "How are you feeling?" Jasper asked me and sat back on my lap, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Good." I said and rested my head on his head. Jasper stole a few bites of my toast. "Who is Michael going to save today?" I said and Jasper perked up.

"Captain Michael." He corrected me then continued to tell me the adventure they would have today. "Captain Michael is going to save his brother Elijah from the big bad wolf teddy but they will learn the wolf teddy is just lonely. He's been in the cupboard to long." Jasper said then hopped off of my lap.

"Sounds fun. Make sure Wolfie gets some friends." I said as he ran off.

"We will." Jasper responded then was gone from ear shot.

He's adorable. I thought and turned back to my food.

I agree. It's nice to see you interact with him. Loki responded and he nibbled at his food. Hang on! Did he just call me Lokitty!!? Loki thought and I saw shock appear on his face.

I chuckled loudly, causing the others to look over at us. He did. Thank you Jasper for giving me this nickname I thought and laughed some more. Just be glad Tony didn't hear it.

I think I prefer Raindeer games to Lokitty. Loki thought and I got a sulky feeling off of him. I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder.

I think I prefer just Loki. But Lokitty is pure gold. I thought back and we both finished eating.

Steve had heard the nickname but I'm sure he wouldn't tell. He had his own nickname from Tony which he didn't like. He was Capsical. I didn't have a nickname but I knew I would get one soon. I just needed to be patient.

Published: 11 April 2021