Chapter 35: The Ivory Tower

Chapter 35

Max felt many changes happening to him. Unknown to Max, the strange blue crystal inside his mind was glowing strangely. Nuage, Kai and Max's beasts were confused by the sudden reaction but all of a sudden, it had died down mysteriously.

Max felt that his body was stronger but he couldn't feel anything else. Just then a system notification popped up.

[Ding! Levelled up by 5 levels!]

[Level(+): 5]

Seeing this, he went into deep thought. The fruit had managed to trigger his system! Previously he had taken various strength enhancing drinks and medicine but almost none of them had caused the system to react. Something was weird about this fruit...

Max was slightly worried that he was going to receive various side effects but nothing had happened. He breathed a sigh of relief and proceeded to walk back into the Wastelands. He needed to visit a certain place inside the Wastelands. His main objective was to level up to an S-Rank as soon as possible but he needed to hunt creatures for that to happen.

He had researched various places to hunt creatures and learnt about a special place in the Wastelands. This place was called the "Bone Tower". The Bone Tower was a massive white cylindrical monument in the Wastelands. This tower was made of a strange material and had a close resemblance to a bone. Thus, many started to call it the Bone Tower. The Bone Tower is a massive tower that is connected to 4 other smaller white towers. No one knew of its existence and many had explored the enter place.

When the first evolvers found the Tower, they found a few entrances leading deep into the cylindrical monument. After that, many evolvers had visited the tower and every single one of them had a different experience inside the tower.

The tower was filled with creatures but all of them are different for each evolvers. After countless adventures inside the tower, the government came to the conclusion that the creatures found in the towers are somehow created to deal with whomever enters the tower.

Thus any creature fought in the tower was considered that specific evolver's weakness. They were made to deter the evolver to wander further but no one was able to figure out what it was trying to protect or if there even was anything to protect.

Max continued flying in the air and soon could see the massive jade-like tower up ahead.

...

A strange golden rabbit was seen skittling around the Dunes. This rabbit was normally considered a very weak creature but somehow a strange variation of this creature was wandering around. It was also stronger than it's not so shiny counterpart.

This rabbit was feeling a little courageous all of a sudden and proceeded to travel into the Wastelands. It knew the Wastelands was a dangerous place but it did not care. It felt like it could fight anything and win instantly.

This creature continued to bounce into the Wastelands and had soon travelled so deep, that the yellowish Dunes were no longer in sight.

Just as it was about to take it's next leap, a massive red scaly tail struck it. The once shiny rabbit instantly was squashed under the tail and it's blood stained the purplish sands of the Wastelands.

It had died before it could even see it's predator, a colossal red scaly snake. It had dug out of the purplish sand, creating a massive hole in the ground, and could smell a familiar smell. Seeing an extremely weak creature giving of such a fragrant yet familiar smell, it instantly attacked it and consumed it.

Soon, this snake was covered in an extremely weak golden glow. It then hissed in delight. It was about to go back inside the hole to rest when it smelled another wharf of the delicious smell. This smell was slightly farther away yet it somehow felt stronger and potent...