Chapter 41.2: Super Levelling

Chapter 41.2

Max had been testing the Orb for quite some time now and it seems he had a rough idea on how to use it.

He could split the Orb into two and his control was decent. He could smoothly mould the red orb into various shapes and control it.

He controlled the 2 Orbs and shaped it into 2 swords. They continued floating around him in unison in a mesmerising way.

"Wow... It's movements look satisfying..." He said as he gawked at the bright red swords floating beside him.

"Actually, I can control the Orbs for you. I have gotten much stronger than before. I can easily move the Orbs without any trouble." Kai said.

"Alright then, you control it. Let me see how much you have improved." he said with a smirk.

Max wasn't expecting a drastic difference from Kai but he was shocked at how much stronger he has gotten. He could not believe his eyes. The 2 orbs started to mould itself and were taking on the shape of a very intricate "eyeball".

"What are you making?" Max asked with curiosity.

"Something I made a long time ago." Kai said with an air of mystery.

The eyeball was floating in the air. Its design was really well made and detailed.

"Now. Watch this." Kai said.

The eyeball started to glow and it was emitting a bright red glow from the center. Almost immediately, a massive laser beam shot out from the eyeball. Kai had aimed it at the sky but it still looked destructive.

The red laser had swiftly shot into the sky and had parted the clouds. It looked really powerful.

"What... was that?" Max asked in awe and confusion.

The laser was extremely destructive. Max was right beside it and could feel the strength hidden in the laser. It was horrifyingly powerful.

"One of my old skills I created with the Orb. It's pretty basic." Kai said indifferently.

"Pretty basic?" Max asked with doubt. That one shot could rival an A rank creature's attacks pretty easily.

"Back in the past, even the weakest of my time could easily dominate some of these people that you call the evolvers." Kai said proudly.

Max was pretty shocked at hearing this. He had never heard much about Kai's past. Previously, he had asked him about his past but he wouldn't say too much as he couldn't transfer all his knowledge to Max as he wasn't strong enough.

According to his estimation, Kai might be an SS or an SSS-Rank evolver. Max's body couldn't handle the memories of an SSS-Rank evolver so he knew Kai did this for his own good.

However, the shot that Kai showed Max was too strong. It was too powerful!

"How many times can you do it? The laser beam?" He asked. He needed to know how capable it was.

"In my old body, I could use it indefinitely and with no cooldowns. But the Orb's current vessel is too weak to unleash its full potential. I would say I can control it to do it once every 6 hours. You probably can't even form the giant eyeball." Kai taunted in an annoyed voice.

Hearing Kai's taunt, Max rolled his eyes. So he could only do the shot once.

"It seems I can't ask too much from Kai already. That shot just now could easily wipe out a quarter of a stronghold in the Wildlands." Max thought in awe.

"How much stronger do I have to be to inherit your memories?" Max asked seriously. He needed to know how much more he needed to improve.

"I'm not sure how to answer your question, you are nowhere near ready to inherit the memories. When the time is right, I will give it to you." Kai assured Max.