Chapter 26: Free

Chapter 26

Meanwhile outside the dungeon, the world had gone into shock. There was a terrorist attack on the Union Government! The Forums were so crowded it had to be temporarily disabled for public use. Meanwhile, in the Union Government's Head Office, in an unknown planet, there was a colossal uproar.

"Again another forum message! We need to delete all messages regarding the attack! It's been 2 months and messages are still popping up all over the place!" a short fat bespectacled man said with annoyance.

This man was sitting in front of a massive table along with 14 other people. All of them unanimously agreed on deleting the messages as it incites panic on the citizens.

"Now the question is, which organization was it?" another man said as he rested his hands on the shiny white table.

Upon hearing this, the other 14 men fell quiet. They seem quite unsure.

"Sir, we have reasons to believe it was Viper's Kiss..." Another man said.

"Viper's Kiss...? Are you sure? Last time they infiltrated the Union Government they caused a massive uproar and almost started a war... Do you have proof?" A lanky man wearing a monocle said suspiciously.

"Yes we have proof. He is here with us right now actually. Outside this room." the same man replied.

"Call him in." the lanky man said.

"Enter Vlad Miller, Assistant Head of the Union Government Branch Office in Atheus, Decathon."

A heavily bandaged man walked into the room. He was limping while he had a crutch on his left hand.

"What happened to you Mr. Miller? Tell us more about that day..." one of the 15 men asked.

"2 months ago, Viper's Kiss attacked. They used some kind of highly advanced robots. There was an engraving of a snake coiling on a dagger... I have reason to believe they are from Viper's Kiss. I fought one of the robots and could barely beat it, there was another one outside the building specialising in long range attacks.... I only survived from the burning building because my superior came back to the building in time... He rescued me." Vlad explained.

Upon hearing Vlad's statement, the 15 men fell quiet. It really was the Viper's Kiss that attacked the Union Government.

"But why? Why did they do it? Last time, they were looking for someone... " one of the men said.

"I assume it's the same reason. I wonder who it is. Do you have an idea on who it is Miller?" the lanky man asked Vlad.

Vlad held his tongue. He knew exactly who it was but if he told them about Max's existence it might create another crisis.

"No. I'm not sure." Vlad said while keeping eye contact.

"I see. Thank you for coming forward. You are dismissed." The short fat man said.

Vlad nodded and proceeded to walk out of the room.

"Luckily, we have managed to hide the existence of other Syndicate Organisations from our citizens. If they knew there were other organizations in play, there would be a panic everywhere." one of the men said.

"We will get in touch with the Viper's Kiss and resolve this issue immediately..." the lanky man said.

All 15 men nodded and proceeded to leave the room.

...

Vlad walked out of the Union Government headquarters and slowly entered a nearby parked car. Vlad closed the door and made sure he wasn't followed.