Chapter 46: The Strange Shaman (1)

Chapter 46

Max had lost his consciousness and Kai had to intervene. He created a simple air bubble that encased Max with the Orb.

Kai then looked at Max's chest. It was a mess. Luckily the wound wasn't too deep. Max's healing has already kicked in, but he was still losing blood profusely. Kai could only rip his shirt off and cover the wound with the fabric as he wasn't able to heal him.

"Stupid boy." He sighed.

...

It's been over a day. Max had finally opened his eyes and his body ached just by moving. The blood on his body had dried and the bleeding had stopped. However, his body now lacks blood which caused him to be unconscious for over a day.

After finally waking up, Kai spoke.

"Finally awake? This is what you get for not being prepared." He chided. From Kai's point of view, without Max, he will disintegrate and cease to exist. Thus Max's survival is very vital to him. It also explains why he was extremely angry with him. Max was practically playing with both his and Kai's life! Kai couldn't afford for Max to die.

"What happened?" Max said as he looked around.

He was underwater surrounded by his Orb, it seems Kai has saved his life while he had almost died fighting the lion.

"Thanks, Kai. I almost died." Max said thankfully. If it weren't for Kai, he would have died.

"Good that you know. Now get out of here!" Kai urged with frustration.

...

Max had gotten out of the water. His wound was still there and it was hurting a lot to move.

He thought back to before when the strange creature slashed through his armor and severely injured him.

Just how many scary monsters were there that are similar to the one he just saw? Just what were those fruits hanging on the trees on top of the floating island?

Max was too weak to explore the area and he was curious about it too! The fruits seemed... special. He needed to get it somehow!

He proceeded to walk back to the stronghold. As he walked back, he saw strange creatures. There were strange boars that had shiny transparent tusks, which after closer inspection, he realized were ice...

On his way, he saw a massive turtle erupt from the ground, its shell was the color of bronze and it moved extremely slowly. All the creatures here seemed mutated or somewhat different. He had been taught of the various creatures inside the Wildlands but almost all of these creatures were never shown in his textbooks. They never existed...

"Just what is this Void Star Prison?" Max thought to himself.

As he proceeded to walk back, he slowly started to hunt the creatures. Because of his previous encounter with the lion, he was extremely cautious now. He stalked his prey to make sure it was not a threat and waited to be distracted.

As he was walking around, he finally saw a creature. It was a massive rabbit that was almost 4 ft tall. The only thing that separated it from a regular rabbit was that it was huge and its front teeth were sharp and its legs were deformed and looked similar to a dog.

It seemed like it was not prey but a predator. Max watched it from afar. He molded the [Orb of War] to the shape of a spear and waited for it to move. The giant rabbit was hopping around at an extreme speed.

He continued tailing it for a few minutes and soon it seemed to have found its prey, a small bird. It leaped even higher in pursuit of the bird.

"My turn!" Max said with a smirk.