Chapter 22: Inheritance

Chapter 22

Max opened his eyes and was greeted to a snowy landscape. There was a massive statue in the middle. Max looked at it in awe. It was a frozen statue of a strange man. He wore a wolf pelt as clothing with its head as a helmet.

Max wasn't sure who the man was but he was annoyed. He was hoping the next level would be more about King Red but sadly the chances were low. Max wasn't sure how the ruins operated, they always contained treasures or lores about different people. Most levels have almost no correlation with each other at all, thus many people gave up in finding the link in each ruin's levels.

Max walked around the snowy tundra and soon realized that there was absolutely nothing to do. Just how was he going to have to pass through this level?

Just then, the giant ice statue broke apart and the frozen strange man was free. The man saw Max and immediately lunged towards him. Seeing the man approaching him, Max immediately got ready to fight him.

Max summoned out the [Mist Knight] and [Dusk Djinn]. This was his first time seeing [Mist Knight] and it looked exactly as it looked before. Max was curious about it's fighting capabilities.

Max and his 2 spirit beasts ran towards the approaching man. The man was muscular and was wearing no clothes, only a drape and helmet made out of a wolf's pelt and head. He had a tanned skin with locks of brown hair.

Max watched as his beast spirits began attacking the man. The [Mist Knight] and [Dusk Djinn] originally were at an advantage, but soon the man seemed to be getting stronger.

"What is happening? Is the man getting stronger?" Max thought.

Just as he thought that, the man roared and raised both his hands. As he did that, a strong cold wind blew all around them. It seemed as if the man was controlling the air around them.

Max watched as the man swiped his hand and a massive mountain of ice erupted from the ground. Max watched in horror as the giant ice mountain overlooked the entire area. The entire level was covered by the mountain's shadow.

"It seems I really have to fight him." Max thought. He hoped his beast spirits would fight the man on their own as he was feeling quite lazy.

Max powered up and activated all his Ki bodies. He was going to melt the entire ice mountain! Max channelled ki into his sword and released the biggest [Razor Ki] he has ever made.

Max watched as the ki sliced through the mountain cleanly. It then rippled it's way to the strange man. The man could see the approaching attack and created multiple ice barriers to block the attack. However, Max's razor ki was too strong. It easily melted and sliced through the entire set of barriers.

The man was struck by the ki and was launched backwards. There was a massive purple explosion which melted most of the nearby snow and ice.

The man who was struck down by the attack got up angrily and roared. It seemed he really couldn't speak human tongue.

"Is he some kind of monster?" Max thought.

The man was sturdy. Normally if Max ever used his [Razor Ki], it would cleanly slice the monster in half. This man was different. It seems he is much stronger. He couldn't be an S-Rank as they could fly. He must be around an B or an A rank.

Max watched as the man got up and charged at him. Max could see the air around him was moving towards the man. Just what was he doing?

Max then saw what was happening. The air around him was being frozen and covered the man like an armour. As the man approached Max, he could see that the man was now wearing a massive beautifully carved ice armour.