Chapter 44.1: The Void Star Prison

Chapter 44.1:

Max had been blindfolded and strapped to the chair! He felt a little worried. He began to struggle but before he could even move too much, he felt a small sharp pain on his arm. It was a needle.

They had sedated him!

"What is happening?" He thought as his mind started to grow weary from the sedation. Soon, he slumped down, completely unconscious.

...

Max had been unconscious for a long time now. He couldn't even enter the subconscious mind where his cores were. Something was wrong. At least that's what it felt to him.

He was actually sedated by the soldiers to be transported to another spaceship and will be brought to the Void Star Prison without his knowledge. This was to prevent any kind of escape from happening.

The Void Star Prison was actually hidden in a secret part of space and there were many barriers placed to prevent people from finding it. Firstly, there was an illusion and a forcefield barrier to hide the entire blackhole and multiple signal jammers along with both EMP and lethal turrets to completely eliminate any kinds of threats and after which, to slow down the growth of the blackhole a small "time barrier".

The security outside the Void Star Prison was very high. Unknown to Max, it was a place to hold history's most nefarious and dangerous criminals. The Kreita family had sent him to his death on purpose.

As they finally reached the blackhole's vicinity, Max regained his consciousness. He opened his eyes and started looking around frantically. However, he was alone but there was a window beside him.

Outside the window, he saw an enormous mass of darkness. There was nothing inside it. Just a pitch black abyss. However, deep inside the blackhole, he could see a small bluish light. It was the portal to the Wildlands! This portal had somehow withstood the strong gravity of the blackhole and was still active.

Max could only look at it in fear. It was then he returned to his senses. He realised that he was going to be imprisoned inside the portal. That was when reality had hit him.

As his thoughts wandered, the door behind him opened. 5 Guards entered the room. They tied his hands and freed him from the chair that he was chained to.

"Move." One of them grunted.

Max immediately started walking out of the ship. He was led into a small space station that was orbiting the blackhole. Inside the station, he was brought to a circular room that had 2 floors. In the middle of the first floor there was an archway, which Max assumed was the portal.

On the second floor, there was an observing room that had many machines and multiple researchers manning the machines.

"Are the preparations ready?" One of the guards asked.

"Yes sir!" A reply came from above him.

"Activate the gateway. Begin the transferring process." The same guard said.

However, as Max heard that, he realised that everyone of the guards had moved away from him. They had all quickly climbed up to the second level of the room that was enclosed from the first floor.

He was alone on the first floor. There were many eyes watching him from above.

"Why?" He thought. Just then Kai spoke to him.

"I don't think you want to know... Just grab something will you?" Kai said.

"Huh?" Max asked in confusion.

Just then, the archway lit up and a portal began to form. That was when Max knew what was happening...

The portal was giving off a strong suction! It was directly connected to the blackhole!