Chapter 44.2: The Void Star Prison

Chapter 44.2

Max had been walking around the strange prison settlement. Most of the houses they one could buy were all cheap and shabby looking wooden houses. These houses weren't necessary as one could always sleep inside the prison cell; however, there were no amenities such as a bed or even a single chair.

Amidst the group of shabby houses, he could see tower skyscrapers of concrete buildings. They were significantly more expensive and had a lot of amenities.

As he was walking down the bustling prison settlement, many of the prisoners looked at him. They knew he was new.

Some were selling cooked food in the streets while some were dragging creatures down the road. Max even saw a small farm filled with creatures that were being bred.

An entire civilization is living here.

Max even saw some prisoners in the skyscrapers partying and having fun inside. This place seemed to mimic the society outside the prison too. No matter where he goes, there will always be an economical divide that splits the low and high class people.

Suddenly, out of the blue, he felt his arm brush against something. He looked down and was shocked. Someone had stolen his wrist wallet!

He immediately started looking around and soon he saw the culprit. He saw a small child running away from him.

"Hey! Stop right there! Give me my wallet!" Max shouted.

He began running towards the child that was escaping. He chased him through an alleyway and soon cornered him. That's when he saw another shocking scene.

The child that he was chasing was a small girl. About 12 to 15 years old.

But before he could call her out, he saw something else. In front of the girl, there was an unconscious old man kneeling down on the floor surrounded by a group of men.

"Your time's up old man. Give us the money or we will take your house." One of the thugs said.

"I have cash! Please leave my grandfather alone!" She whined.

"Shut up child! Your puny money won't be enough to stop us! Now get out! This place belongs to us!" The men said before snatching Max's wallet from the girl.

Max couldn't watch this anymore. It was already annoying and now he had to involve himself with criminals who were very dangerous to be let out to society. He had to intervene. If he let them take his wallet, he would lose his only form of currency...

"Hey! Give me back my wallet!" Max shouted at them.

Just as he shouted that, all 5 men looked at Max.

"Oh what do we have here. A hero has appeared to save the dying old twig and bratty child." One of the men, who was heavily tattooed and scarred, looked at him.

This man was bald and had a thick beard. His body was extremely muscular and Max could see many veins popping out of his arms, ready to explode like a volcano.

The remaining 4 men were all built the same as this man. However, compared to the man, the other 4 were smaller and did not seem like the leader. The bearded man seemed to be the ringleader of the ground...

"You better run off or we'll make your life a living hell." One of the other 4 spoke.

"I will once you give me back my wallet. Please I don't want any trouble. Just give it back and I will go." Max said politely.

Hearing this, the 5 men started laughing hysterically.

"HAHAHA Did this fool just say the word please?" They laughed.