Chapter 14: Sealed Terror

Chapter 14

Hearing what Max said, his [Dusk Djinn] nodded slightly. Max was curious as to where he was.

"Where am I?" Max said.

The [Dusk Djinn] shrugged. It seems it wasn't sure either. Max looked up and saw the massive green cloud attacking his ki cores. But something strange kept happening. When the cloud approaches nearer to the ki core it would vanish and when the ki core tries to defend itself by attacking the cloud, the purple lighting and fire would also vanish. Max then understood what was happening.

"They are nullifying each other. That means I won't be getting poisoned that easily." Max said with a smile.

Just as he was about to relax, he had another idea.

"What if I absorb the green smoke?" Max thought. Just as he thought about that, he changed his mind. If he were to absorb it, chances are he might actually die. Basilisk poison is extremely corrosive. So he decided to leave it alone and looked around the 6 ki cores.

Max floated towards the ki cores. He stood at the center, where he was surrounded by the 6 ki cores. He could make out the [Mana Cogs] running inside each of his ki cores. He also saw something strange. Right at the center, connecting all 6 cores was a bright blue neon crystal. Max was curious what it was. Max didn't dare touch it so he decided to leave it alone.

Max stood and watched as the green cloud started to shrink. Max grinned with satisfaction.

"It seems Edlyn and Urswine had done it." Max said with relief.

Max watched as the cloud slowly disappeared. And soon his vision darkened. When he opened his eyes, he saw an exhausted Edlyn, Urswine, Klor and Trius standing over him. It seems Klor and Trius actually joined to help them. Max got up and could feel that he was quite weak.

"You were out for about 5 hours. It's evening now. The sun is going to set soon. We can't get out of the foggy dome, we are trapped." Edlyn filled Max up with the details as she started to move him to a nearby cave.

Max was too tired to reply and closed his eyes. By the time Edlyn and the rest reached the cave, Max was fast asleep.

Meanwhile, for the past 4 days since Max has entered the forest, the rest of the hunters have barely managed to travel into the forest. This is mainly due to the thick fog that was covering the entire forest.

Most of the hunters who were unable to fly had only managed to reach near the 12th coven's region. While those who can fly have reached around the 8th coven. A few bunch of high ranked evolvers have managed to work together and destroy the 9th coven. However, they couldn't fight the 8th coven onwards as they seemed prepared and strong.

The high ranked evolvers decided to leave the remaining covens alone as it was too dangerous. Overall, most of the evolvers only travelled to the 9th coven. Only Max has a massive advantage, as he knew the locations of the covens and had 4 vampire guides who are native to the place.

Occasionally, from the second day onwards, the hunters who were hunting would hear screams of pain and fear coming from beyond the fog, once they even saw a massive silhouette of a dragon-like creature. They weren't sure what it was, but they knew that it looked dangerous. Some would try to find the source of the voice and it would only lead them to a massive crater with puddles of sizzling green liquid, bones and ashes.

The hunters were not sure what was lurking in the forest so they decided to leave it alone. This, along with the thick fog, drastically hindered their exploration speed. However, on the 4th day of the region's discovery, something odd happened. The thick fog at the borders of the Transylvania region slowly receded. This helped the hunters at the earlier areas explore with slight ease but for the hunters who were slightly deep into the forest were faced with a disadvantage. The fog got thicker!