Chapter 16: Essence Katana

Chapter 16

[Foreign energy detected! Identifying energy...]

[Ding! Received Crest of Light!]

[Crest of Light Perma-Level Skill(Passive)]

[50% Increase in Ki absorption and strength when exposed to light.]

[50% Increase in Ki flow and efficiency when exposed to light.]

[50% Increase in speed, strength and healing.]

[???]

Max was still in pain when he heard the system's notification. He could feel the skin on his chest stinging from pain. It was unbearable. Max clutched his chest.

"How is this possible? My [Fire Ki Body] should increase my immunity to fire and burns! Why is it hurting so much!?" Max thought frantically.

"You're an interesting specimen. Once you reach the second continent, I'll find you and make you mine." the spirit said before disappearing in a blink of a light.

Max looked around and to his horror, the Psychic Spirit's body also vanished with the previous spirit.

"Luckily I got it's beast soul." Max thought. Sadly, he didn't absorb its ki core. If he had, he could have had the strongest beast spirit anyone has ever seen. Max was daydreaming when he heard another notification from the system.

[Ding! Quest: Kill the Psychic Spirit completed!]

[Received: Secrets of Ki!]

As Max heard that, a small book shrouded in blue light, materialised in front of him. Max took the brown leathery book and observed it. It somehow looked special. Unlike other books, he couldn't just absorb it's contents into his mind.

"I'll take a look at it later I guess." Max said as he kept it in his ring.

Max brought out Edlyn, Urswine, Trius and Klor. To them it might have only felt like an hour, but to Max, who was running and having a massive battle in his mind, it felt like days.

"Is it over?" They asked.

"Yes. The entity is dead." Max said.

Just as Max said that, all the 4 of them started convulsing. They started to spasm and foam. Before Max could figure out what was happening, all 4 of them collapsed. What came next shocked him even more. All their vampiric features started to disappear and the stones on Edlyn and Urswine started to materialise beside them. Max could see purple smoke coming out of their nostrils and mouth.

Edlyn's white long hair turned into blond in colour while Klor's and Trius' hair went back to their original brown colour. Meanwhile, Edlyn's and Klor's turned back into blue while Trius' became a dirty green. What happened to Urswine was even more shocking. He started to shrink and lose all his hair. Eventually, all that was left of him was a quadrupedal 1 meter long boar like creature.

"D-did we turn back to normal?" Trius and Edlyn said.

"Yea I think so?" Klor agreed.

Urswine started to grunt.

"Hahaha! Urswine back to his normal self now!" Trius roared with laughter.

Just then, Urswine started to transform again.

"Who are you calling small!? You dwarf!?" Urswine roared. He was back to his previous self except that his skin was pink instead of white. It seems he could transform back and forth now.

"So after the Blood Emperor dies all it's servants and alpha would revert back to their normal selves." Max made a mental note in his head.

"Let's go back to the 2nd coven. We need to see Reya." Max said.