Chapter 13: Trapped

Chapter 13

"How much do you know about this 'entity' that everyone speaks of?" she asked Max.

"Don't tell me you know what it is?" Max asked.

"I know WHO it is and how it came here. I was there when it appeared and it is our biggest secret. Everyone here in this room knows what the entity is. We vowed not to tell anyone else." Reya said quietly.

"So what is it?" Max asked.

"I was there when it first came into the forest around 9,000 years ago. It seemed to be running from someone. There were originally 3 creatures inhabiting the forest before the entity came here. The Zards, Tuskers and us, the Vixies. The entity that came here is a creature not from here. I'm not exactly sure what it was but I saw what it was running from. It was a masked creature. It had black scaly helmet and it wore pitch black armour. I also saw it sealing the entity in a cave in the middle of the forest." Reya said.

"So what about this entity? You only talked about the person chasing it." Max asked.

"You really are impatient. The entity is what you humans would call a 'Blood Emperor'. These are a subspecies variant of most species. For example when a species evolves to their next form, there are chances of it mutating. This mutation will cause it to become a Blood Emperor. This evolution is very rare almost once in a few thousand years. This Blood Emperor is of a spirit race. I'm not sure if you humans have seen any spirit races in the 1st continent but they are quite formidable." Reya said.

"1st continent? Blood Emperor? Spirits? How do you know this and what are you talking about?" Max asked sceptically.

"You don't know?" Reya asked with confusion.

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

"You really don't know. 10,000 years ago, humans managed to reach this forest and beyond. We of the Vixies race have a really long lifespan. We could be alive for at least 15,000 years. I have been alive for 11,000 years and you humans were already exploring this continent back then. Some of you managed to travel beyond and I would occasionally hear stories. It was honestly shocking. They were talking about massive creatures and many strange things. I remember them talking about something called spirit races. They said that spirit races were able to control a certain element. They would always give off an aura of their nature." Reya said

"What!? 11,000 years ago!? There were humans exploring this place? But how is that possible? I thought the Wildlands opened up 9,000 years ago?" Max thought in confusion.

"Anyways, I heard many things and some of them were about spirit races. The description seems to match the entity quite well. It gives off a blood red aura and has 5 horns on its head. It also has pitch black eyes. I'm about 90% sure that it is a Spirit race with a Blood Emperor mutation. As for the Continents, there are many regions beyond these forests. These regions are further split up by continents. Each continent has various species and creatures. But one thing never changes, each continent is more dangerous than the other." Reya whispered.

Listening to the massive information, Max felt dizzy. It seems that the Wildlands has more secrets than what humans originally thought. There seems to be humans exploring this place much earlier than the Wildlands' existence was known.

Max wanted to know more but Reya didn't have any more information. Max learned a few more things and got Reya to give him her alpha stone. Max took the purple stone and absorbed it into his ring. Max thanked Reya and soon made his way to the 1st coven.

According to Reya, she wasn't sure what or how the first coven's inhabitants looked like. She has only seen one of their kind and it wore heavy clothes which rendered her unable to see what species it was. However, she did say something about the creature making her scared.