°Break up°

@allkpop:

SM Entertainment held a press conference and denied the relationship of Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun (Irene).

"We confirm that Irene and Seulgi of Red Velvet aren't in a relationship nor were spotted outside

"We confirm that Irene and Seulgi of Red Velvet aren't in a relationship nor were spotted outside. We apologize for the misunderstandings."- press speaker of SM Entertainment.

Fans went crazy after this statement. The majority of the reveluvs still believe SM keeps something secret, especially after the delaying of the Monster MV and the sudden mood change of the two female kpop idols.

Stay up to date with allkpop!

-

-one week later-

Irene's POV:

One week has passed after the incident. They were all busy with preparing for their new album, but Irene couldn't even think one minute straight.

She felt lost.

Empty.

Sad.

Dumb.

She missed her. For God's sake, she loved her! How should she forget everything just in a week or two? Was this even possible. And did she really want to?

They avoided each others gazes. She hasn't talked to Seulgi for this whole week and pretended to be busy with her shedule. This was her way of proceeding everything.

"Move a bit to the right Irene", the staff instructed her and she obeyed.

"Perfect!"

Yeri was standing next to her and switched positions for the photoshoot. Irene did the same.

"Okay great guys we are finished!"

Both Yeri and Irene sighed and left the white background to get some rest. Photoshootings were so exhausting, they had to change clothes every hour, the flashlights weren't2 very comfortable for her eyes and the boredom almost killed her.

She followed the maknae to the fitting rooms where her other members waited so they could go home. It was already 11pm in the evening.

"Are you finished too?", Joy asked as they entered. "Yeah."

-

"Hm. Boring day today. Can we watch a film this eve?", Joy suggested as they sat in the car, driving home.

"It is fricking 11pm Joy...", Wendy clarified with a glance to her back.

"And? Please guys!", now Yeri pleaded too.

Wendy slightly glanced at Irene. Since she was the unnie and the leader of the group, she had to make the decision. But she wasn't in the mood to do anything right now.

"Maybe tomorrow", Wendy replied with a sigh as Irene turned her face to the window.

"That means when we arrive home its midnight and we can watch it?", Joy tried it but earned a final glare of Wendy. "Okay, then tomorrow..."

They entered the dark apartment. Irene immediately rushed to her room to get some rest, besides she had to wait that Joy and Yeri finished getting ready for bed. The disadvantage of having just two bathrooms.

She plumped down on her bed and closed her eyes for a sec. Again all her memories came, pushing her into depressing thoughts.

This whole week she pretended to be strong, out of iron and metal. She acted cold towards her members, especially Seulgi. But it was the best. Being with Seulgi was cheating on her members.

She didn't want to ruin their career. And maybe it was the best for Seulgi too. Sure, she loved her. But she wanted that her bear is happy. Even when this meant being happy without her...

She heard the footsteps of Yeri leaving the bathroom. Finally. Her thoughts were already eating her.

As silent as she could, she tip-toed to the bathroom to avoid waking somebody up. So basically like every night when she secretly met up with Seulgi.

Her thought again focussed on the girl. Irene deeply breathed in and out. Why had it to be so painful? She has never experienced the pain of a broken heart. Was it normal too feel this way?

While she was thinking, she didn't even noticed that she directly walked to Seulgi's closed door. Gently, she touched the wood with her finger tips. Suddenly she heard a noise.

Sobbing.

Seulgi's sobbing.

She bit her bottom lip and squinted her eyes. Don't cry Irene, don't cry.

But the girl couldn't bear it to hear her crying.

A single tear ran down her cheek. Irene slided down the door and hit her face in her hands, slowly starting to cry.

All the pain came up from the last week. This was harder than a normal break up. This was a break up while they both continue to love each other.