°Apologies°

Irene's POV:

With a sip, she tasted the japanese noodle soup she just cooked. Normally, all her members loved that dish. Why was she even put so much effort in this? In the end she would just sit at the dining table, alone.

She made a grimace as she tasted the salty liquid and couched. More sugar. Definitely. Although it wouldn't made it much better.

A knocking at the door frame drove her back to reality. She stared in Yeri's eyes.

"What are you cooking?", the maknae asked, a little curious sparkling in her eyes.

"Japanese noodle soup. Salty japanese noodle soup", she corrected herself and looked down at her creation.

"Add a bit sugar. That will maybe help."

Irene obeyed and put some more of the sweet flavour into the soup. Soon it would be a candy soup instead of a normal dinner.

Some footsteps appeared and she saw Joy approaching them, obviously tired and exhausted. Both Yeri and Irene turned around, but the latter couldn't even blink as Yeri ran to the chick and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry Joy", Yeri mumbled into her neck. For a moment, they were standing in the door frame in each others embrace.

A smile poped up on Irene's face. She wasn't even involved but loved to see the youngest members get on with each other. She reached them and patted their shoulders.

"Let's eat salty soup."

She took the big pot from the stove with some thick gloves so she won't burn herself or something like that.

"You really cooked Japanese noodle soup?", the voice of Wendy appeared as she walked out of the kitchen. She stared at the girl who's eyes looked like water. She gulped.

"Yeah. I thought... I could do you guys a favour..."

"That's great!"

She couldn't really tell if Wendy was serious or just joked around with her. But according to her expression she was satisfied with the look of the steaming dish.

"Hm... Hey"

Irene looked up form her plate, completely puzzled. If she had expected on thing, it would definitely haven't been her.

Dark brown, innocent and the most beautiful mono eyes fixed her.

-

"Soup...", Seulgi uttered and took a seat next to her. She immediately felt that her body tensed up, not even knowing why. Maybe because of the fact that her love showed up after a week? Could be...

They remained silent for almost the entire diner. Joy and Yeri sometime exchanged meaningful looks, meanwhile Irene secretly glanced at her girlfriend. She immediately felt a big hole building up in her chest while thinking of that specific term.

The tension ate her. She really had to concentrate to breath normally, otherwise she would have already collapsed. She had to do something. Just like Yeri did it some minutes ago. Even if she would make it worse. 

She took a deep breath like always and opened her mouth.

"I'm sorry."

Irene furrowed her eyebrows. Everybody's gaze was on Seulgi. The girl's eyes switched between them, full of angst, nervousness and guilt.

She stood up.

"I'm sorry for being so selfish, careless and stupid. I was just overtaxed. This situation is hard for each of us. I know that I neglected you, and that I was so dumb to even think that you could be jealous. I know that you are caring for me."

Seulgi stared into Wendy's eyes with seemed to be teary.

"I'm so sorry too...", she whispered and left her seat to embrace her best friend. One part of Irene's heart melted while looking at the two girls, the other remained sad and empty. She knew she shouldn't be so selfish right know.

Suddenly, Seulgi turned around. Her eyes wandered to Irene's, the first time filled with a light of hope behind the glossy shimmer.

"Forgive me... please."

The last part was only whispered. It sounded so broken, so helpless and desperated. She couldn't help but started to sob. Seulgi approached her and looked at her with big eyes.

"I love you too. More than anybody else at this planet."

She was taken into a embrace. Her legs trembled and her uncontrolled sobbing started to echoe in the air. She tiptoed and pressed her body against Seulgi's, not even considering to let her ever go.

"Don't do that to me again!", she cried out and hit Seulgi's left arm. Then she cupped her girlfriends face and connected their lips.

"I wanna join the moment!", Joy sobbed as she felt another body pressed to her back. Irene gently pulled Seulgi away, just to see that she was surrounded by the rest of her members, all joining the hug.

"Let us just leave this shit Entertainment and live happily together!", Yeri cried and snuggled closer to Joy.

Irene herself just looked into Seulgi's eyes. And she immediately knew that it was right to have hope. Because her members where at her side, and they would go through this together. No matter how hard it was.