°Everything will be fine°

Irene's POV:

If any phrase could describe the situation of red velvet right now, Irene would have said that they totally fucked up. Joy and Yeri almost fought every day, and it wasn't just simple bickering anymore.

Wendy retired completely. She acted cold towards Irene, and even started to fight with her instead of searching a result.

Seulgi was in the worst state of all. The girl usually locked herself in her room and just showed up at breakfast and dinner. She even skipped lunch. Irene tried her best to comfort the girl, but this was almost impossible.

She felt worried, sad and like a fool. She was the leader of them, but acted more like a lost puppy in the forest.

The situation with SM Entertainment didn't facilitated her mental state. Everytime she woke up, a heavy and unsatisfying feeling built up in her stomach. Besides she suffered under constant migraine.

Every evening, before they went to bed, she knocked at each of her members' doors and told them how proud she was and that everything would be fine. Kinda paradox. She lost her hope since the day of Seulgi's breakdown.

Every single evening, she also knocked at Seulgi's door but got no reply. She felt miserable. She exactly knew that the poor girl was crying, or maybe staring at the ceiling.

"I love you Seulgi", she breathed out.

She tried to hold back her own tears.

"Everything will be fine, I promise."

The promise was something Irene did not just to her members, but also to herself. To encourage her own mind. Deep inside she still felt a source of hope, blocked by the heavy rocks of doubts and reality.

They were canceled from all shedule activities. They didn't even leave the dorm for one week. Gradually, Irene felt like her own four walls imprisoned her. The look of the purple wall behind her bed was always something that she secretly admired, now it just made her sick.

She hasn't even heard something of her parents. Nobody was paying attention to her. Maybe not even herself.

It was a saturday morning as she prepared the morning meal for her four members. With a loud groan, she cooked some fried eggs and bacon. She even made some pancakes with banana and chocolate. 'Only the best for them', she thought, chuckling at how paradox it sounded.

The first who appeared was Wendy. With messy hair and puffy eyes, she put out a plate and took some of the food before returning to her room. 'Not even a good morning....'.

She tried to shrug it off and placed four plates on the dining table. With quick movements, she managed to get the rest of the breakfast onto a big tablet and served it.

"Thanks", Yeri mumbled with a sleepy look. Joy smiled a bit, but quickly turned away. Seulgi wasn't even there.

Silence filled the room while they were eating. The pancakes tasted good, to her own surprise, but the fried eggs where too salty. She swallowed it and drank some milk as Yeri raised her voice.

"I play some videogames today. Do you... have interest?" She hesistated at the last part.

"Again?", was the only thing Irene managed to say. The youngest member sat in front of the TV many hours recently.

"What should I do else?", Yeri asked with a sad expression.

"Maybe doing something productive?", now Joy entered the chat.

"So you mean you are more productive than me?"

"Is that a rhetorical question? At least I try to find a new business for my life", said Joy again.

"Where should you fit in...", Yeri commented and looked at her with a judging expression.

"So you think i am too dumb for other professions?! You couldn't even be a cashier!"

"YOU COULDN'T EVEN BE A GARBAGE MAN!", Yeri yelled back and stood up.

"YOU COULDN'T EVEN-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Irene slammed both of her palms on the table while giving both of them death glares.

"Go back in your rooms. NOW!"

The two immediately followed their leaders instructions and quickly left the room. After they were gone, Irene collapsed in her seat.

"What is this here?", she said to herself as the tears came up. She hit her face in her hands and started to cry, harder than ever.

Seulgi's POV:

With the brush in her hand, she started to draw soft lines on the canvas. Trying to elaborate every feature and detail.

Although she felt nothing inside of her, she kept drawing pictures. Of the nature, the boisterous freedom behind the window. She wanted to be there.

Her tears left her after three days. Maybe her lachrymal gland didn't work anymore. It wouldn't surprise her.

She diped the brush in the pink colour. Soon it would be a wonderful flower with big leafs. She started to hum something, although she didn't even know what.

"You, you're my best friend

Forever, never end

To me, you are a story that will never end

It means you, you

For infinity, bigger than the universe

Oh you, you're my best friend"

Her eyes widened as she realized what she sang. And her hearth melted.

The song is called 'best friend' by Wendy and Seulgi