Chapter Thirty-Six

So the answer to my age is that I am 13! So whoever guess that good job! Now onto the story!

***

(kinda forgot about Suki for the first part buttttt she will make an appearance so don't think I just randomly added her....even though I did.)

As the sun came up and spread light all over the lands, you could almost feel Team Avatar's determination. They were ready to end this war.

Sokka paced nervously as he thought how he would approached his presentation. His father sensed his uneasiness and approached Sokka.

"Don't worry, you'll do great." Hakoda told Sokka.

Sokka gulped as he made his way up onto the stage. He felt the scrolls he held in his hands shake as though they were in a earthquake.

"Good morning everyone Ahh!" Sokka tripped on stage.

"Oh my lord...." Azula said as she looked at him with judgement. Sokka noticed this and felt beads of sweat start forming at the top of his head..

"Umm ... so, as you know, today, we're invading the Fire Nation! I mean I know you know that because otherwise why else would you be here?" He starts laughing nervously in embarassment.  "Uh anyway...."

He dropped the scrolls onto the stage and out on the board. He stood up to make him seem confident but on the inside he was scolding himself.

"The Fire Lord's palace is here" He points to a location to the map." He suddenly froze realizing that this was the wrong map. He starts flipping the map multiple times nervously as an attempt to find the correct map.

"Uh nope, uh wait, uh wait, uh wait, it's here," he said as he looked all over for the right scroll. "and uh, there's an eclipse today and Aang's gonna fight the Fire Lord and the firebenders won't have any fire to use so that's good for us!"

He chuckled nervously and looked to his side. He felt himself heat up and his heart stop beating quickly.

"And ... um ... I'm sorry let me start at the beginning." He stood up very straight and started talking extremely sped up.

"Katara and I discovered Aang frozen in an iceberg, now I didn't like Aang at first but grew to love him over time, then we went to the Southern Air Temple where Aang used to live and then we met Suki, [Water Tribe warrior yawns.] who's a Kyoshi warrior. She dressed me like a woman and then she kissed me, and then Aang's friend was a crazy old king and ..."

"Great." Azula said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"Wow, when he says the beginning he means the beginning beginning." Katara whispered back to Azula. "Maybe you should go help him..."

"I think Sokka can do well on his own." Suki said as her eyes narrow toward Azula.

"Well, I don't think so." Azula snapped back.

Azula and Hakoda start walking up to Sokka.

"And then Katara got Haru arrested and then now he's grown a mustache which if you look at him in the front row you can see it ..." Sokka continued rambling.

"What the hell am I doing." Sokka thought.

'Thank you, Sokka. It's okay why don't you take a break?" Hakoda said interrupting and putting his hand on Sokka's shoulder.

"Let us handle this because obviously you are incapable." Azula said.

Sokka left the stage feeling disappointed in himself. He thought that if he couldn't even public speak than who could he take part in the Eclipse. He, a non-bender? Yeah, right. He couldn't do anything. Pathetic, he thought if himself. This was a one time opportunity and he messed it up. Maybe he wasn't ready for this after all, maybe he was never cut out for anything.