Chapter Twenty-Six

"I am honored to accept his invitation." Jet says as his iris dilates, showing that he is no longer in control. He turns to Aang and begins attacking.

"Jet, it's me, Aang!" Aang told himself "You don't have to do this!"

"I'm afraid he no longer has a choice." Long Feng said.

Jet continued swinging his swords Aang's way, Aang doges the attack and uses his air bending to knock Jet back. Jet uses his swords to stop himself from falling and he pants heavily.

"Jet, I'm your friend! Look inside your heart!" Aang pleaded.

"Do your duty, Jet!" Long Feng said as he drowns Aang's words.

"He can't make you do this!" He said to Jt, who hangs his head while panting and sweating.

"You're a Freedom Fighter!"

As Jet listens to these 5 words, he in shock. He has a flashback of his past, him being a Freedom Fighter. He's sees Longshot, Smellerbee, Pipsqueak and the Duke, and finally him with Katara. The last flashback was him being dragged by the Dai Li.

"Do it!" Long Feng ordered. "Do it now!"

Jet launches his swords at Long Feng but they unfortunately miss. Long Feng strikes a rock at Jet in self defence, this strikes Jet down. Aang runs toward Jet as Long Feng escapes through a pipe in the wall.

"Foolish boy. You've chosen your own demise." Long Feng said as he exits.

"I'm sorry ... Aang." Jet said weakly.

"Don't be." Aang said.

The rest of the group arrives and are all struck with a wave of madness as they gather around Jet. Katara stares with her mouth gaping open. She quickly snaps out of it, she whipped out water. It begins to glow as she kneels down next to him. She runs her hands over his chest, trying to heal him. After doing it three times the glowing fades.

"This isn't good." Katara says with sadness.

"You guys go and find Appa. We'll take care of Jet." Smellerbee said.   
"We're not going to leave you." Katara said persistently

"There's no time. Just go. We'll take care of him. He's our leader." Longshot said.

They all stare at Longshot in shock.

"Don't worry, Katara. I'll be fine." Jet said as he smiles a bit.

Katara closes her eyes in sadness but opens them as she stand up. Team avatar exits.

"He's lying ..." Toph whispered to Sokka.

***

"Where's Zuko?" Katara asked.

"I thought he was with you." Sokka exclaimed.

"I thought he was with you!" Katara said as tears began forming. "What if....what if..." She said she covered her mouth.

Azula approaches, she heard the whole conversation.

"I'm sure he's fine." Azula said.

"Yeah, your right." Katara said.

"He better be fine." Azula muttered.

***

They approached a big door and they open it.

"Appa's gone! Long Feng beat us here." Aang said sadly.

"If we keep moving, maybe we can catch up with them!" Sokka hoped.

"Wait what about Zuko?" Katara said.

"There's no time!" Sokka yelled.

"No!" Katara yelled. She looked at Azula hoping she would back her up but all Azula did was look at Katara with sadness.

They find an exit to the outside again.

"You think we can outrun them?" Sokka asked Aang

"I don't think it's gonna matter!" Aang said back.

A group of Dai Li agents stand in front of them with Long Feng in the center.

Momo starts flying around Aang.

"What is it, Momo?" Aang asked.

MOMO flies to the sky, then to their surprise Appa comes flying down.

"Appa!" Aang exclaimed.

Appa smashed through the rock walls that the Dai Li have created, while knocking over the Agents. Aang and Toph use earthbending to knock the rest off a cliff and into the lake.

"I can handle you by myself." Long Feng said to Appa.

Long Feng runs toward Appa, but Appa grans Long Feng's let and tossed him into the river.
The team cheers and run toward Appa

"Yeah! Appa!" Sokka cheered.

"I missed you, buddy." Aang said as he cried.

Appa lowers his head, revealing Zuko, who is holding two swords.

"Zuko!" Katara exclaimed with tears. She ran to hug him. "I thought we lost you."

They both press their lips against each other's and embraced in a kiss. Their lips broke apart. Azula pushed them apart and kicked Zuko in the stomach.

"What was that for!" Zuko yelled.

"That's for you being an idiot!" She yelled.

Zuko smiled, "you mean you missed me."

"Let's not jump into any conclusions." Azula huffed.

***

Hope you enjoyed that chapter! I hope you all have a nice day and don't forget to smile :)