Chapter Thirty-Eight

TW: abuse, blood, gore!!

Azula and Zuko sat side by side watching the battle go on. The blood that was spilled reminded them of what spilled out them when they didn't do what their father expected.

"A familiar sight, isn't it." Zuko chuckled sadly. His head hung low as memories flushed through his head like waved. Azula looked at him for a few moments, trying to find her words. The world seemed to go slower today, why is this battle taking so long? When can the battle be over? She wasn't sure which battle she was thinking about, though.
The battle between the Fire Nation or the battle within herself.

"Very." She finally said.

***

Aang arrives at the palace door. This was it. When he got down from gliding, there was something odd. Something just wasn't right.

"That's strange." He remarked. He noticed that there were no guards. Not even one in sight. Aang runs straight to the door and rams it down.

"The Avatar is back!" Exclaimed pointing his staff right at the throne, but there was no one there except the darkness replacing the Fire Lord.

"Hello, anyone home?" This was strange why wasn't the Fire Lord at his own throne. He falls to his knees.

"No, Firelord Ozai. Where are you?!"

"I need to find Zuko!" Aang said as he ran out the door. "Could there possibly be another place he could be?"

***

Katara looks up after taking care of her father for while. She noticed something closing up in the sky.

"Katara, you seem distracted. Is something wrong?" Hakoda said with a concerned tone.

"Yeah, is that Aang?" She said as Aang came closer to view.

"What?!" Sokka exclaimed as he shoves Katara to the side. He lands infront of both of them.

Confusion built up all around them. Many questions were swamping through their heads as though they were getting hit over 20 times with Azula's lightning.

Sokka put his hands together and closed his eyes, "Please tell me you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down"

"He wasn't there. The whole palace city was abandoned!" Aang exclaimed.

Sokka looked to his side, his features darkened, "they knew."

***

Aang, Toph, Sokka, and Katara sat in a circle.

"It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long-gone; far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse." Aang buried his face in his hands. Everything he prepared for, all the days he stressed, was it for nothing?

"No. My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far." Sokka put his hand to his chin. His Brian was like a plastic slide a bit static but works in the end. "He would have a secret bunker. Somewhere he could go and be safe during the siege but still be close enough to lead his nation."

"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for," Toph looked up beaming. Then closed her eyes proudly and pointed to herself. "I'm just the girl to find it."

"The mechanist gave me this timing device." Sokka held up a silver device. Looked much like a clock mixed with a compass. "It looks like we've got about ten minutes until the full eclipse. Ten minutes to find the Fire Lord."

"With or without the eclipse. I'm pretty useless." Zuko shrugged as he looked at his swords.

"See, you are a pessimist." Aang scoffed.

Zuko suddenly pointed his swords in the sky, "lessssss go!"

They all looked at him and blinked for a second.

He tilted his head in confusion and put his swords back, "didn't you just tell me not to be pessimistic?"

***

-they finally reach the place-

"I'm ready. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord." Aang repeats to himself. He jumped up and then airbends the doors down.

"Azula...?"

***

Hehe you guys might be wondering, "why the hell would you leave me on a cliffhanger." Welp I dunno guys ✨suspense✨ anyways hope you guys had an amazing day!!! Don't forget to smile !

message me if you ever want to talk about anything <3