Chapter Six-Katara and Zuko

Katara's P.O.V
"Now let's go save your sister." I said confidently.
I look up and see his nervous face "I'll give you sometime to think about this." I said as I walk away with the wood. The second I left the warm smile that was on my face faded into nervousness. Why did I kiss him! Do I have a crush on him, that was a one time thing right? I don't know anymore. Maybe I can ask him later?
As I head back I see them all sitting in a circle
"Where's Zuko?" Toph asked.
"He'll be back soon."
"I'm getting a little worried about that guy." Said Sokka.
"Yeah he hasn't been himself don't you guys agree?" Added Aang.
I watched everyone nod in agreement but I just bit my lip no sure if I should tell them why he hasn't been himself.
"Do you know anything Katara?" Toph asked me suspiciously.
"Why would he tell me? Besides we aren't even that close." I lied.
"You sure about that sweetness?" Toph responded.
"Yeah why would I?" I giggled nervously.
Not long after that Zuko came out from behind the trees.
"Why are you all looking at me like that?" He asked.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Asked Sokka
"W-what do you mean?" He asked his head shifting to the side.
I covered my face with my hands, should I tell them?
"You just haven't been yourself lately." Added Aang.
"I agree with Twinkletoes." Toph nodded.
I can feel Zuko uneasiness. His eyes shifted left and right, his body getting more tense by the second.
"Zuko, can I talk to you!?" I blurted out.
I feel the gaang's stares itching all over me as I gestured him away.

"Thanks. I really needed to get a way." He thanked.
I decided that this was the perfect time to asked the question I've been wanting to ask. I walked over to sit beside him on the log.
"Zuko, what do think of me?" I asked.
"You are a good friend, who I trust and who I will come to whenever I need help." He responded.
"Oh...." I said looking down to covering the disappointment in my face. Even though I looked down Zuko could hear the hear the hint disappointment in my voice.
"N-no." I lied as I try to hold back my tears. "It's getting we should head back."
"I guess your right." He agreed.

Zuko's P.O.V

As I enter my tent I quickly grabbed my pillow and scream my lungs out in it.
A good friend what kind of answer is that. To be completely honest I don't know what I feel about Katara except that when I'm around her I get more nervous that I should but I don't know why and that when I'm around her I feel safe, more safe than I have ever felt but I don't have time to think about my feelings. I have to find Azula.
I decided that once everyone is asleep I'd take my
War balloon and go to the fire nation to look for Azula.

~a few hours later~

It's been a couple hours. This is the perfect time to leave. I peak outside with a torch in my hand. The coast is clear.
I make way to my war balloon successfully and start flying in the air. I need to make a pit stop to get supplies and I disguise.
Once people find out the 'banished traitor Prince Zuko' is in town there's no telling what that will do.
This is going to be a long ride.

Katara's P.O.V

What does Zuko mean by 'good friend'? Did that kiss in the forest mean nothing to him!?
Face it, Katara how could a future Firelord fall in love with a Southern tribe peasant. Best now is to get some sleep.

~in the morning~

I woke up particularly late this morning, my eye bags being extremely visible. I basically had to cry myself to sleep last night.
As I scan the empty lot I notice one person missing, Zuko.
"Hey guys where's Zuko?" I asked them.
"Probably in his tent or something I don't know." Sokka shrugged.
Acknowledging what Sokka said I walked over to Zuko's tent and braced myself. I'm not sure if I can even look him in the eye considering yesterday.
I took a deep breath and carefully pulled away the smooth then cover.
"Zuko?" I asked peering in expecting to see the fire bender still sleeping but instead I saw no one. He wasn't there!
"Zuko's not here!" I gasped.
"What was that Katara? Did you say something?" Aang asked raising an eyebrow.
"Zuko's not here!" I repeated louder while pilot the tent more revealing the empty tent to everybody.
"I don't understand where could he possibly run of to?" Thought Aang.
"He's probably finding some wood to burn." Said Toph.
I sat there until a sudden realization hit me.
"I know where Zuko went!" I exclaimed.
"Where?" Everyone asked at the same time.
"The fire nation."

Zuko's P.O.V

I finally landed in the firenation. I quickly put on the cloak and eyepatch I bought to cover up my scar and walked out. The fire nation was still the same, guards marching day and night, everyone living in fear of the Firelord. It was sad.
Now how am I suppose to find Azula?
"I hear that the princess has went to Ba Sing Se once again to try and break down the Great Wall." Said a guy wearing a long silky red robe when yellow and white accents all over it.
"Excuse what did you say?" I asked him.
"Haven't you heard the princess has returned to Ba Sing Se!" He repeated.
Ba Sing Se? I have to get there before it's to late!
I run through to crowd of people desperate to make it back to the balloon to go back to Ba Sing Se. Let's just hope I go there before it's to late.

• • •
And scene!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and plan to publish the next one tomorrow or the day after that.
Please feel free the leave suggestions and I hope to you have a great day!
P.S and I unfortunately will not be adding Suki to the series, I hope you all understand.