Chapter Nineteen

"The Avatar! I didn't know the Avatar would be here." A guest exclaimed. Now everyone attention was now focused on Aang.

"You keep their attention while I look for the king." Sokka whispers to him.

"You guys are a bunch of idiots..." Azula muttered.

"Watch this, everybody!" Aang calls. He airbends himself up, hovering over the table. He takes some of everybody's tea and started creating a ball of colours swirling in the air.
The whole table began gasping and clapping.

"I can't believe that worked." Zuko whispers.

The palanquin was now approaching the table.

"Aang! The Earth King!" Sokka yells. Aang began riding down the table on an air scooter.

"Greetings, Your Majesty." Aang greets. As that was happening Sokka gets grabbed my two Dai Li agents.

They made two rock hands and wrapped them around Toph's mouth.

"Mmph." Toph and Katara muffled.

They did the same with Azula, then Zuko. Aang made it to the end of the table and threw both of his hands up.
Long Feng appeared from the corner. Aang's happy expression soon faded into anger.

"You-"

"Avatar, it is a great honour to meet you."

"Honour?" Aang scoffed. "Your the one to took-"

"I am Long Feng. Grand Secretariat of Ba Sing Se and head of the Dai Li." Long Feng continued. Aang continued to glare at him.

"I'd like to talk to you, your friends will be waiting for us in the library." Long fend walked away, Aang followed him reluctantly. He was afraid Long Feng might try and hurt his friends.

In the library

"Why won't you let us talk to the Earth King?!" Sokka snapped at Long Feng. "We have information that could defeat the Fire Nation."

"The Earth King has no time to get involved with political squabbles." Long Feng replied. "And the day to day minutia of military activities." Azula rolled her eyes at his ridiculous statement.

"This could be the most important thing he's ever heard." Zuko argued.

"What's most important to his royal majesty is maintaining the cultural heritage of Ba Sing Se." Long Feng defended. "All his duties relate to the issuing decrees on such matters."  Azula rolled her eyes at Long Feng's ridiculous statement.

"It's my job to oversee the rest of the city's resources, including the military."

"So the King is just a figurehead." Katara says.

"He's your puppet!" Toph yells.

"Oh, no, no. His majesty is an icon, a god to his people." Long Fend said. Azula couldn't help but chuckle at his rather obvious lie.

"He can't sully his hands with the hourly changes of an endless war."

"But we found out about a solar eclipse that will leave the Fire Nation defenceless. You could lead an invasion-" Sokka started explaining.

"Enough, I don't want to hear your ridiculous plan." Long Feng interrupted.

"We don't want to hear your ridiculous lies." Azula mumbles, quiet enough not even a fly could decider what she just said.

"It is the strict policy of Ba Sing Se that the war will not be mentioned within the walls." Long Feng continued. "Consent news of an escalating war will throw the citizens of Ba Sing Se into a panic."

"Our economy will be ruined, our peaceful way of life, our traditions will disappear from existence."

"Ba Sing Se remains a peaceful, orderly utopia. The last one on earth."  Everyone stared back with horrified faces while Azula tries hard to contain her laughter.

"You can't keep the truth from all these people, they have to know." Katara reasoned.

"I'll tell the, I'll make sure they know." Aang threatens.

"Until now, you've been treated as our honoured guest." Long Feng explained while narrowing toward Aang and hovering over him. Toph made sure that if Long Feng dare to lay a finger on Aang, she would fling him all the way over to the Northern Water Tribe.

"But now you will be watched by Dai Li agents where ever you go. If you mention the war to anyone, you will be expelled from the city." He continued.

"I understand you've been looking for your bison. It will be quite a shame if you were not able to complete your quest."

Aang was about to give him a piece of his mind but...

Azula couldn't contain her laughter anymore, "its funny you mention that Long Feng, do I have to remind you that...."

***

I'm so so so sorry it took me so long to post this! I even left you guys on a bit of a cliffhanger but I believe you guys will be able to guess what will happened next. I apologized for making this chapter so short, I promise to make the next one extra long. I hope you all have an amazing day and don't forget to be happy and keep smiling!