{eight}

{in which: awkward moments
are shared}

***

As they walked out of the parking lot, Alex began to skip to the car, his hands full of bags. Reagan had a few bags around her arms only laughing at him as he approached the car.

"Let me drive, pleaseeee," Alex waited by the trunk for her to open the it, she only shook her head and watched as the trunk opened, he quickly emptied all the bags off of his hands and into the trunk. "Keys please?" he looked up at her as she emptied the bags into the trunk. "I guess that would be okay," she playfully rolled her eyes.

Throwing him the keys he jumped like a child full of excitement, he ran to the drivers side and unlocked the car. "Mi amiga, hop in, hop in," he put on an accent that made the girl laugh as she closed the trunk and rushed over to the passengers side, she carefully got in to see him plugging his phone into the aux.

She looked up at him giving him a questionable look before he began to speak "I didnt complain when you got aux, so don't complain as my sick beats start playing," he opened his phone opening spotify. "You better have spotify premium," she giggled. "Do you think i'm stupid?" he quickly began to play music.

International Love by Pitbull to be exact. He looked over at the girl who grew in a grin. "I don't usually listen to him, but he slaps, so we can jam out together," she simply nodded before getting into the music as it started.

Alex quickly got very into Pitbulls rapping, Reagan hyping him up. "You put it down like new york cityyyy," the girl sung out, Alex continuing to scream it.

The two completely enjoying one another's company as the song continued to play, it felt like a surreal experience. The two continuing to hype up one another, just taking in the whole thing. As the rapping portion came on alex's hand flew to the volume, making it even louder than it needed to be.

As the slow part came on, Reagan looked over at Alex, grabbing his shoulders as she sung the lyrics, "There's not a placeeee that your love don't affect me babyyy," Alex only looked at her and began laughing as he sung the next part, looking at her and keeping his eyes on the rode. "So don't, ever change. I crossed the globe when i'm with you babyyy," the two grew into a large fit of laughter, the song soon coming to and end. Reagan grabbed his phone, gaining a scolding look from Alex.

"If you don't know this song, you're dog water," she stuck out her tongue at him as Feel So Close by Calvin Harris began to play. "Who doesn't know this fucking song?" his loud laugh filling the minor silence. She simply nodded at him as the song started.

"Where am i supposed to be going?" Alex turned to her and back at the rode. "Make a left at the light, and then turn right on the next corner," she pointed with her hand, the song began to boost in their ears.

Reagan rested her head on the back of the seat, humming along the lyrics, making sure alex was going the right way. The song began to dim, the two of them looked at one another, alex now pulled into a parking spot. The two just looked at one another as the lyrics sung out, "there's no stopping us right now," Reagan's eyes widened as she noticed the slightly intimate eye contact.

Alex did the same, the beat dropped and it almost felt like a movie scene. With a panic alex turned away and opened his car door stopping the music, Reagan let out a small breath of relief, exiting the car and grabbing her groceries.

***

"Surprise car ride?" Alex asked as he sat on Reagan's couch, she looked over at him, putting the last grocery away. "We just got back?" she questioned walking towards her keys, Alex quickly grabbed them, their hands brushed slightly, causing them to look up at one another. "You don't even know where we are going," she quickly let go of the keys and watched as he jumped off the couch.