{eighteen}

{in which: she sees
her parents}

***

Karl and Reagan sat down on the bed confused as alex's car took off, definitely passing the speed limit. Not a word spoken between them as they sat in an awkward silence, alex was doing what he did best.

He turned his phone off, let the peddle and the gas take him wherever it pleased as the music of an old CD played throughout the car, full volume. It was comforting, and helped him think better.

"Is this what it's like?" Reagan asked, sighing as she fell into her bed sheets. "Is what like?" Karl asked as he laid across the bottom of the bed, his hands tucked behind his head, looking over at reagan. "He's never been mad at me, I think he blocked me," the girl didn't wanna mention the conversation or the encounters between the two, but by karl's body language she could tell it was bothering him too.

"I don't know," karl said with a small ounce of hesitation. "I've never done that," a small shrug me following his sentence. She sat up now, tucking her knees into her chest, "Karl why did that all start?" he played with her hand as he struggled to find the words.

That was another thing that everyone adored about karl, his love language was touch, he loved hugs, he liked tracing peoples palms, sitting close to them. It was his way of loving. Reagans was also touch, she liked being close to the ones she loved and holding them tightly.

Alex's love language was so obviously words of affirmation, the way his face lit up around reagan when she would say she's proud of him or that he's doing amazing he lived for the boost of encouragement.

Karl stood silent and traced the line on her palm as he looked up at her. "He thinks I like you, and It's ridiculous. I would never do that to him, ever," she looked at him confused as he placed his hand over his mouth. "Does Alex like me?" she asked, cocking a brow towards him.

"I don't know, maybe," karl laid back onto the bed letting go of reagan's hand. "Karl you should go be with him, it's your last day. I'll see you again, I know I will," she sat up and grabbed his hand. He didn't say a word but only nodded as he approached the door. "I'll see you soon," he gave her a long hug goodbye and headed for the door.

Walking around her apartment she now has no idea what to do. Figuring out exactly how she felt was one thing but as she looked down at the right around her finger she let out a small sigh. But the pendent on her neck still shined right over it.

***

reagan😐|reaganramirezmexico📍

mexico📍

i didn't post for
christmas oops :D

♻️💭❤️

|
|
reggie☹️|reagansaysshit
idk if it's obvious but life is
kicking my ass right now
hence why i'm not posting as
much, streams will be back
next week :(

***

It was the day before alex's birthday and reagan arrived in Mexico on the 26th, rather than the 25th after her flight was completely delayed. Just what the girl needed, her best friends birthday was in two days and she didn't know if he wanted to talk to her or not.

As she approached the house in the cab that she was in she waited for it to come to a full stop before paying the driver who wished her a good day as he helped her get her suitcase. The day was gloomy, and the winds still picked up as she approached the door.

All she heard was yelling, not the exciting kind either. It seemed that a fight between her mom and dad broke out. A glass shattered and that's when she opened the door, and not to her shock she saw her cat running up the stairs as a beer bottle was smashed at her dads feet.

The fighting came to a stop as her mom turned to see who walked into the house. "Reagan," her mom looked shocked and looked back at the glass. Reagan's eyes widened as she realized her dad wasn't the one who broke the glass, as the remainder was held in her moms clutches.

"Good to see you guys too," she pulled her suitcase into the living room, the awkward silence worried her. Her dad hadn't said a word, but he was so obviously drunk. "Wasn't she supposed to be here yesterday, she missed christmas," her dad hissed, his accent slipping through his drunk words.

Reagan looked up at her dad, "I was, my flight was delayed," she explained, her dads breath lingered of different alcohol. She looked over at her mom, "and weren't you supposed to stop drinking?" her relationship with her father wasn't necessarily great.

Her mother gasped as she walked over to get the broom. "What did you just say to me?" he asked, his tone getting angrier. Reagan's bad week seemed to be getting worse. "I said merry christmas," she quickly rebutted as he lowered down to her height.

"First you don't celebrate with us, and then you disrespect me in my own house. Who do you think you are? Get me another beer now," he looked over at reagan's mother who only sighed as she reached for another.

"Good to see you mom," reagan sighed as she watched her mother do as told. "I missed you," her mom quietly said. Beer in hand he shoved reagan to the side as he went to sit in his chair and watch the tv. Her mom began sweeping the mess.

"How long are you staying? Just today? or like two days?" her mom asked, reagan looked over at her dad and back at her mom. Her eyes widened. "Do you not want me here?" she questioned, her mom sighed.

"The fighting, You don't think before you do, you are so hard headed. And I cant deal with both you and him. I didn't know you'd stay for the week," her mom swept faster as she let her emotions slip through, choking on her words.

"Okay then I guess I'll change my flight, I'll leave tomorrow morning," she got up from her seat and walked away, walked to her room. in her eyes she didn't wanna be there, she wanted to leave, almost immediately.

***

prologue is out for my sap fic you
should read🙌

okay this isn't great
but writers block
sorry :)