{thirteen}

{in which: her and
karl bond}

***

Sitting in the passenger seat as Karl drove along the highways of California the two shared their similar taste in music all throughout the car ride as they had now been driving for what seemed like two hours. Karl doing whatever he could to help the girl let loose.

"Okay now we can actually get Mcdonald's," he pulled into the drive through looking over at the menu. "Ten piece nuggets, with a coke and barbecue sauce," the girl exclaimed as Karl smiled at her. "You and Alex have the same order," he giggled.

"He's literally a copy cat," the girl huffed crossing her arms. She watched as Karl ordered the food, his pinky ring tapping against the wheel as he waited at the window. Finally paying and getting the food the two pulled into a parking lot to eat.

"So tell me.. what happened?" Karl looked at her referring to the reason she wasn't sitting in her human rights lecture on the Monday afternoon. "Ex bestfriends, one i guess liked alex? and when me and alex became close she got jealous and went after a kid i used to like and then she tried to fight me.. so i delivered a fight," he raised his hand at her signaling for a high five.

The girl flinched at first, but soon realized he just wanted a high five in which she delivered. "Sorry, just a safety thing," she mumbled taking a bite from her nuggets. "You don't have to explain yourself to me," the boy confessed. The girl felt a large smile appear on her face.

Karl was different, something about the positive energy he radiated comforted the girl more than she realized. The smaller things about him just the way he made her laugh, or even tried to make her feel better. Karl was a genuine soul, he almost seemed too good to be true, like some sort of person you'd get if you could build a friend.

Snapping back into reality she looked over at him as he quickly ate his food. She did the same and the two sat in the parking lot and played music to fill the silence, it was a comfortable silence nonetheless.

The music came to a stop as Karl's phone began to ring the ringtone was booming throughout the car, startling both karl and reagan. The name on the phone read 'sapnap🙌' karl quickly lowered the volume and accepted the call.

"Hellooo," sapnap sung out before laughing. Karl giggled for a second, "hi what's up sap?" he asked. "Can I not call my fiancé when I'm bored?" the boy huffed, his tone oozing with sarcasm. "Wait I thought it was you and alex?" reagan looked over at karl confused.

"Wait there's a girl in your car? Did I interrupt?" the two looked at each other their faces flushed a before growing into a fit of laughter. "It's reagan," Karl chuckled even more. "Oh shit. Hi reagan!" the boy exclaimed from the other side of the phone line.

The sound of a door slamming open was heard. "Dude you're gonna take it off the hinges," Sapnap called out. Karl hit the facetime button in which sapnap abided and accepted it. Reagans eyes widened as it was a brunette... girl?

"Karl! How are you?" the girl exclaimed her voice filled with high energy. "Sav! I'm good!" he held the phone to his face, and quickly turned the camera to reagan.

"Oh hello! You're so pretty!" Savana shouted, the sound of humorous rustling going on in the background of the call. Reagan laughed, "that you savana! I'm reagan by the way," she took the phone from karl. "OH! You're law girl?" savana quirked her brow at the camera, her and sapnap now sat in the camera.