{twentytwo}

{in which: they celebrate
the new year}

[don't forget to check out
my other fics, including
tommyinnit, ranboo, wilbur
and fundy :D]

***

"Five.. four..three..two..one.. happy new year!" the room cheered as the ball dropped in new york city. The large group began to circle around the room wishing their new years wishes and giving there loved ones a hug.

For reagan and alex they held hands as the ball dropped, not even screaming happy new years to one another they pulled each other into a hug. Taking in the feeling of the new year and hoping only for the best of the new year starting.

"Happy new year reggie," alex whispered, lowering to her height. "Thanks alex," she replied, cupping her hands around his ear to continue whispering, "thank you for making the year better then i could have ever imagined it, thank you for showing me to the true meaning of friendship and more," she pulled away to see his face in a light cascade of blush.

"Anything for you reggie," he rubbed the top of her head and pulled her into another hug, this time karl joined in. "Happy new year mother honkers," he laughed as he squeezed in tighter to the hug. "Happy new year karlito," alex laughed, separating the hug.

Reagan admired all of the people who still blew there noise makers and there confetti canons. The party being held in jimmy's house only led to chaos. "Happy happy new year!" jimmy cheered as he walked over to the three. "I wish you all nothing but happiness for this year," it was safe to say he wasn't on the complete sober side of the talk.

"Happy new year jimmy," the three said in unison, startling jimmy as he walked away. "And just like that you guys go home tomorrow and no ones mad," karl wrapped his arms around the two. "You just reminded me," reagan laughed as she grabbed a hold of alex's jacket, separating from karl as they went into a secluded room.

"Alex, i'm gonna tell you this as it is. I understand completely why you were mad at me, and i know how it seemed. Seeing as a new year is starting i think it's best if we start off on an honest slate. Did I have feelings for karl? Possibly, but you were the one on my mind," she watched as alex's eyes widened.

"Am I still on your mind reg?" the boy asked with a seemingly doubtful tone. "Every day alex," was all she responded as she pulled him into a hug. "You're one of the best people to have entered my life, and one of the biggest impacts," she felt as his arms wrapped around her, pulling her in tighter.

"You've affected my life more than you would know reg," he squeezed her tighter lifting her off of the ground as he began spinning, clutching her waist so she didn't slip. The music began to boom in the background making the whole expierence seem as if it was a scene picked from a coming of age movie.

Alex settled her down, hands still on her waist watching as she laughed. "Your smile is beautiful, you should smile more," he lifted a hand to awkwardly rub the back of his neck. "Why thank you sir," she felt the warm blush cover her skin, turning her face in hopes that he hadn't seen.

But he watched as he face bloomed into an awkward mess, the blush bringing out the features he adored about her.

"Let's get back to the party," she grabbed his hand, pulling him back into the party watching as everyone danced the night away.

***

"He did us dirty with this flight time," reagan yawned loudly in the back of an uber, running on one hour of sleep. "6 am is too early regs, i'm gonna collapse," alex whispered back, resting his head on reaganS "You're telling me," she yawned once again, resting her head atop his.