{twelve}

{in which: a fight
breaks out}

***

The reality settled in as Alex and Reagan entered the UCLA grounds that they hardly missed. That feeling of freedom reagan felt almost disappeared instantly as she stepped onto the path she met emilia on every morning.

Alex took a quick look up at Reagan who had her laptop in her clutches as she walked straight for her class, not even saying a single word as the sulking expression of the monday morning blues settled in. But alex he seemed cheerful, full of energy. The complete opposite of Reagan.

It was always opposites attract, or was that just a saying to push you through life and get used to everyone not being like you? Reagan couldn't severely comprehend why he stood at her side through everything, but didn't push him away.

She had a reason obviously, she felt happy with him. Free, no regrets. It was something she hadn't known she needed until she got it. The two reached the lecture hall now, her head swarmed with thoights but only the sound of her phone going off took her attention.

But something in her gut, almost warned her that school wasn't gonna be cheerful today. As she already woke up in a bad mood.

***

karl jacobs
how's school?

smelly reagan
it's decent, just got here
i don't have a good feeling
abt today

karl jacobs
i'm sure you'll be okay
it's always okay to be mad
how's my bae?

smelly reagan
uh, idk actually he's like staring
into the distance?

karl jacobs
aw i bet he looks so cute

smelly reagan
i mean when doesn't he?

karl jacobs
paws off

smelly reagan
i..

karl jacobs
school is so boring
that's why i dropped out
5 weeks before graduation

smelly reagan
you literally had five weeks left

karl jacobs
all well, look at me now

smelly reagan

smelly reaganhe says hi

smelly reagan
he says hi

karl jacobs
my beanie boy

smelly reagan
i'll text u after school
you and alex can come over

***

She looked up from her phone and stared at the board in front of her hardly paying attention to anything the class was saying, as something in her just didn't care enough to learn.