Chapter 27

The Robertson house was busy early the next morning, getting Tia ready for school, a lunch made for Faye and Josiah, and room made in the garage for any items Faye wanted to bring back with her from Elpherton. Josiah arrived at 7:45, and he and Faye were discussing their route around Elpherton, the warm kitchen buzzing with the morning routine. Tia looked from person to person, feeling blessed to have them all there.
"Tia, are you sure your sisters are happy to help us?" Faye asked. Tia nodded, swallowing some cereal.
"Oh yes, they are fine with it. It is why they are here. When it all falls into place, they will move to the next world, or be reborn." Tia said.
"You seem okay with that." Josiah said.
"I know it's meant to be. I will miss them, but I will see them again when I take the journey." Tia replied, matter-of-factly. The three adults looked at each other, but they understood that Tia knew more than she let them know. Josiah looked at his watch.
"We'd better go. Try and beat traffic." He said. Tia moved to Faye.
"Susan knows to come to me, and then to Jaina if there is any trouble." Tia said, and hugged her tightly.
"Thank you, but I hope it won't be needed." Faye said, hugging her back. Tia shrugged and headed towards her room, and Faye turned to Susan.
"I'll see you later." Faye said to Susan, and hugged her too, and then Josiah and Faye got in his car, and they drove off. Tia watched them from her bedroom window, and turned to her sisters.
"Please watch over them. They'll need you." Tia said. All six of them nodded.
"We'll do our best, though we can't mess in the Goddess's plans." Sierra said. Tia nodded in understanding, and they vanished. Tia sat on her bed, doing her hair in two braids, then grabbed her bag.
"Come on, Tia, time to go." Susan called.
"Coming." Tia called back, and closed her door, picking up her lunch bag in the kitchen, and then ran to the car.

Josiah pulled up outside Faye's small house after her appointment had finished, and Faye felt a jolt of sadness at seeing the "For Sale" sign out the front. She pulled her keys from her pocket and unlocked the front door, heading in. Josiah collected the mail, and for the next thirty minutes they walked from room to room, documenting everything. The doorbell rang at one, and Faye answered it. Faye felt the six girls nearby, circling the perimeter of the house, and she felt at ease. They signed some paperwork, took photos, and left. Josiah collected the boxes of items Faye wanted to take back to Rossdale, and they packed up the car boot.
"Is there anything else you want to take?" Josiah asked, looking around. Faye shook her head.
"No. Just clothes. We should stop by the post office and get my mail forwarded to Rossdale." Faye said. Josiah nodded.
"I agree. Maybe to my place. Best to keep Tia's home hidden. One never knows what Pernilla knows." Josiah said. Faye smiled, then a thought sprang to mind.
"I better get my Wicca stuff. I don't want potential buyers seeing that, and I don't want others getting my books and things." Faye said.
"Do you have much? I'm sure we can find room on the back seat." Josiah asked. Faye shook her head.
"Not a lot. I'll grab a box and pack it. Shouldn't take long. I have a chest in the back of my closet if you could take that to the car." Faye said. Josiah moved to her room and went to the closet, finding a decent-sized chest at the back, and carried it outside as Faye found her items.

Tia was sitting at a lunch table with some of her friends when a feeling of fear washed over her. At first she thought it was someone at the school, but she knew it wasn't. This was a different fear. A deep fear that started in the pit of the stomach and spread outward to the fingers and toes.
"Please excuse me, I'll be right back." She said and, leaving her lunch and things behind, she ran for the nearest bathroom. After making sure no one was inside, she locked herself in a cubicle and sat on the toilet, trying to get her emotions under control.
"Susan? Susan, I need you!" She sent out urgently. A moment later Susan appeared.
"What is it? I can't leave Faye for too long." She said. Seeing the fear on Tia's face she froze. "What have you seen?" Susan urged.
"Faye and Josiah. They're in danger. She's coming. Help them please. Tell Jaina and Ngaire. The enemy is coming." Tia sent telepathically in case someone walked in. Susan nodded and vanished, and Tia just sat there, trying to compose herself, to gather herself. After calming down enough to be able to move, she moved to the sink, washed her face and ran her wrists under cold water to cool herself down, and returned to her friends, all of them talking about upcoming events, barely noticing Tia's return and state. Tia wasn't surprised though. They were only children. Sometimes she envied them. Mentally shaking herself, she tried to follow their topics of conversation.