Chapter 17

Back in Elpherton, the email went to Pernilla's spam folder as Pernilla was currently conducting her own circle and all of them, including Faye, had their eyes shut as they moved clockwise, or deosil, slowing down. They were all breathing heavily, feeling light. As one they dropped hands and opened their eyes.
"That was great, everyone.  It's always good to explore your own needs and desires, and get rid of your inhibitions. It could be that one thing that stops you achieving what you need." Pernilla said. It had been a last minute decision on what to talk about and lead the circle in as Nicole was meant to have lead the coven, but she hadn't felt up to it, so Pernilla had stepped in. Pernilla glanced at Nicole, who looked a bit peaky, but they smiled to each other.
"Let's eat." Nicole suggested, and there were murmurs of assent around the group. Pernilla thanked the elements and opened the circle, and then everyone headed upstairs. 
"How's the family?" Pernilla asked Faye as they made their way to the kitchen. Faye smiled.
"Oh, they're fine, fighting fit from what I've heard recently. I am thinking of going to visit, but I might wait until Easter. I only saw them a few weeks ago." Faye said. Pernilla got herself a glass of cider.
"Sounds good. I hope you can stay for the Mabon celebration, but family is more important, always." Pernilla said. Faye got herself a drink too. 
"You know I'll try to be here, but I have a feeling that is the best time to go. My great-niece is performing in an Easter play and I promised I would be there to watch her." Faye said. Pernilla smiled.
"That sounds wonderful." Pernilla said, and moved away to mingle. Faye watched her, then got herself some food and started to mingle, being pulled into conversation with other members. Pernilla saw Nicole standing off to the side, and so went over to her daughter, offering the girl some of her cider. Nicole shook her head.
"How do you feel?" Pernilla asked. Nicole rubbed a hand over her eyes.
"I feel a bit weird, though the energy tonight helped, I don't know what's going on. I'm not sleeping too well, and it feels as though something is building up inside my head. I haven't felt this way since...well roughly twelve years, back in Year 7. Do you think that baby's spirit has been reborn and I can feel it again?" Nicole asked. Pernilla frowned.
"It's possible, but I've never heard of it happening before. Maybe meditate on it. Do you still have that dream catcher that Faye gave to you? Maybe you could ask her to refresh the spell on it.." Pernilla suggested. Nicole nodded.
It stays with me wherever I go now, and always above my bed. I might just be working too hard, but I don't know. I'll talk to Faye." Nicole said. Pernilla nodded, touching Nicole's shoulder gently, then wandered off. Nicole looked around and saw Faye talking to one of the coven members by the food table. Nicole walked over to her.
"Faye, may I talk to you?" Nicole asked. Faye looked at her and smiled warmly, excusing herself from the person she was talking to and moving away slightly.
"Of course, what's the matter? You don't look too well. Come, let's sit down." Faye coaxed, and moved to the sofa and they sat down side by side.
"Could you please strengthen the spell on my dream catcher? I have been having trouble sleeping the last week, and it feels as though something is building up inside my head. I wondered if...well...something is going to happen. Like a spring coiling before release. I haven't felt this way in years." Nicole stammered. Faye lifted a hand and touched it to Nicole's temple, using her mind to gently push into Nicole's. She felt power, and recognised Tia's slight touch of energy. Faye wanted to sigh, but refrained. Instead she could feel Tia's anxiety too. Faye pulled back and smiled reassuringly.
"It's just excess energy. I know it feels as though you don't have much, but there is a lot there. I'll stop by tomorrow and redo the spell on the dream catcher. It may not be until early afternoon, I have things to do in the morning." Faye said. Nicole visibly relaxed, but frowned.
"I think Mum has a sleeping draught I can use tonight. I just hate using them, they always make me feel funky the next day." Nicole said. Faye nodded.
"I understand, but if it means you get a full night's rest, then you should do it." Faye said.
"I know you're right." Nicole replied. She stood up and went off to find Pernilla. Faye said her  goodbye's just after and then left, heading home to research the spell to strengthen the dream catcher. She wanted to call Tia but it was past ten, the child would be asleep.