Out of the Woods

GUYS. STYLE. IS. GONNA. BE. A. MUSIC. VIDEO. EXCITEMENT LEVELS ARE SJDJKDD FRIDAY CANNOT GET HERE SOON ENOUGH
Also: this one's pretty odd (p!atd), js

-----

Calum's couch was soft against Luke's back.

Calum's dark locks were also soft against his cheek, and his sweatshirt covered arm was wrapped around him.

A Polaroid camera was facing them.

"Say cheese!" Calum said cheerily. A bright flash appeared, which was strange. Polaroid cameras didn't flash.

Piles of magazines were stacked around Luke, like a tower. It was tight, and Luke felt uncomfortable in the space.

"Look, Luke." A colorful blur was shoved towards him. The blur was a magazine.

And on the cover?

The blonde himself and Calum, holding hands. They were in color, whereas the background behind them was black and white.

A tearful Calum approached, and the stacks of magazines turned into...paper airplanes?

"How could you, Luke?"

"I'm not cheating Calum," Luke choked out. He discovered that he had no control over his own mouth.

"The rumors said you were cheating. I should've listened, they were right. God, I thought you loved me! I thought...you were in love with me like how I'm in love with you."

"I am in love with you, don't you see?"

"Y-you are?"

Their lips met, and everything felt like paradise.

He wanted to stay longer, but Calum was fading, and he couldn't control anything.

Then they were in Calum's home again. The furniture was shoved to the corner of the room, and the paper airplanes from before were hanging from the ceiling, attached to strings.

Calum put his necklace around Luke's neck, clasping it for him.

"It's beautiful," Luke felt himself say.

"Just like you," Calum said fondly, pressing a kiss to his nose.

He grabbed Luke's hand and bowed in front of him.

"May I have this dance, love?"

Luke giggled. "Absolutely."

They began dancing, but Luke was then thrust away from the moment once more.

He was now on a snowmobile. With Calum.

"This is amazing!" Calum yelled, snow whirling about them.

His boyfriend suddenly yelped, and stepped on the brakes. Unfortunately, it was not a good move, as he did it too soon.

They lurched out of the vehicle, and tumbled into the snow.

Sirens filled the air. Ambulances.

The doctor came in and told them that, between the two of them, 20 stitches were made.

Calum began crying, and Luke did too. He didn't know why they were crying, however.

"I shouldn't have done it. Dammit, why'd you let me do it?"

The sun was beginning to rise, making Calum's pretty face shine.

"Why are you blaming me? It's all your fault!"

Calum chuckled darkly. "I'm done."

"Fine. I'm setting you free, since you want it so badly."

"Fine!"

Luke rushed out of the hospital, and found himself in a dark forest of trees. No one was there, no one.

Then everything attacked at once.

People were screaming at him, shouting that he wasn't worthy enough to date Calum. Flashes of light made his head spin, until he collapsed into the snow. Two paper airplanes flew overhead, before crashing into the snow next to Luke.

"Luke, wake up!" A voice shouted.

The blonde sat up with a gasp. What the fuck just happened?

"Are you alright, babe?" Calum asked, looking at Luke intensely.

"Y-yeah. Nightmare. Just...give me a minute."

Calum had concern written all over his face. "Alright. If you need to talk I'm here."

Luke nodded, and Calum went to fetch him a water bottle.

The nightmare was so vivid, but none of those things have happened before. But now that he analyzed it...

It was almost like watching an entire relationship play out. The start, the highs, and then the end.

Luke's head was spinning. It was merely a nightmare, but what if it actually meant something?

The nightmare made it sound like their relationship was ever so fragile. Paper airplanes, the whole snowmobile incident. The paparazzi almost tore Luke and Calum apart in one scene...

He had to tell Calum, Luke decided.

"Here you go, Lukey."

Luke received the bottle, and set it aside. "Calum, do you want to hear about my nightmare?"

The blonde told Calum everything, every detail, about the nightmare. When he finished, Calum's eyes were wide and his brow was furrowed.

"Well. That's...that's bizarre."

Luke nodded in agreement. "Do you think it means anything?"

Calum sighed, and took Luke's hand in his. "Luke, I know we haven't publicized our relationship yet, so maybe it shows that you, deep down, don't want to announce it. And that's perfectly fine, I don't want us to split up because of the media someday, or you to feel like you're unworthy of being my boyfriend."

Luke sighed in relief, and squeezed Calum's hand. "I'd like that. Thank you."

"I can promise that we won't go snowmobiling," Calum says.

Luke laughs, and leans his head on Calum's shoulder. "I don't think we'll be doing that anytime soon."

"We'll be okay. I won't take things too fast, don't worry. At least, I think that's what the whole 'brakes too soon' thing means."

Luke nods. "Makes sense."

Calum grins down at him. "We'll be alright, Lukey. Don't have nightmares about us, okay?"

Luke gets a warm feeling at the sound of 'us'. "Okay. Calum, can I tell you something? If it's a little fas-"

"Tell me."

"I love you," Luke whispers.

Calum breaks out into a shining, full on grin. "I love you too." He kisses Luke's pink lips softly, and Luke feels better.

They had made it out of the woods, they were in the clear.

-----
idek why I wrote this like I did, but I think bc this song is more personal to Harry and Tay, it's more difficult to write for. I tried!
ALSO 1K READS I STILL CRY