Clean

you know this gonna be sloppy but idc I have two one shots left to finish and this book is over so

ENJOY REGARDLESS
-----
Luke sighed at the sight of crinkled up, dead flowers outside his window.

A deep sadness ached inside of him. Those stupid tulips. Why did they have to grow them together?

He was usually the one who watered them. Luke rubs his cold arms, slowly abandoning the warm, white sheets. He tries not to think about how this very bed was the last place he saw him.

If only I had known what was to come the following morning, Luke thinks. He pushes the thought away, seeing the sun high and dry in the sky once more. Droughts made everything shrivel in on itself.

Luke opens his wardrobe, and pulls out some clothes to wear for the day. He glances at the wine stained, white button up next to the shirt he just pulled out for a moment. Why does he even bother to keep that thing? He debates throwing it out, but remembers he has something important to do.

Getting rid of something like that would have to wait.

He throws on a flannel, tugs on some skinny jeans, and hurries to go meet Ashton.

-----

"Why can't you open up to me? I'm your BEST FRIEND. Remember?"

Luke groans. "It's not that simple, Ash. You've never even been in a serious relationship. You just...you wouldn't get something like this?"

The boy across from him frowns, fixing his bun. "I just want to help you. I want you to be okay."

"I know," He sighs. "I want that too."

"Maybe you should get a therapist."

"No."

"Okay...maybe a stranger you could open up to? They wouldn't be anyone you knew, and wouldn't talk about it to anyone you knew."

"Yes, because all strangers would love to hear me sob for a few hours of their day," Luke shoots back.

"Then it's settled. I'm finding someone who'll talk to you about this shit."

And they drank their coffees in silence.

-----

"Um, hello?" Luke says-questions-the guy outside his door. He was awful cute, but that was unimportant.

"Hi. Ashton hired me to talk with a Luke Hemmings?"

"Hang on, I'll be right with you," Luke says surprisingly calmly. He was shocked, confused, and pissed all at once.

Ashton picks up, thank god.

"Why the fuck is there someone hired to talk to me outside my door, Ashton?!" Luke all but screams into his phone.

"Okay, chill out first of all. Second of all, that's Calum. He's an old friend of mine, always been great at listening and advice. Figured talking to someone with those qualities would do you some good."

"I'm fucking fine, I don't need anyone's help, asshole!"

"No, you're not. Calum keeps everything to himself, I won't know shit about your issues. Trust him. Confide in SOMEONE."

"It's not-"

"It IS that simple, Luke! You can't keep this all to yourself, it's unhealthy." And Ashton hangs up.

Luke reopens the door, sighing deeply. "Hi. Sorry ab-"

"Do you not want me to be here?" Calum asks.