Shake It Off

wow look at me surprisingly getting this done! The slump has been conquered! (possibly)
-----

Mikey always tells me I stay out too late, and I suppose he's right.

My coworkers claim I have nothing in my brain, and maybe they're right too.

And they say I go on too many dates, and whatnot. They can call me a slut, call me anything they'd like.

I've decided I'm not going to change for anyone, except myself. And I don't want to change, so it's not happening.

I like going out at late hours, and I like the thrill of flirting with hot strangers. So if I like it, I get to do it.

But tonight, there's no one intriguing enough for me to attempt to get with. Seriously, where are all the hot guys? Why can't my own Connor Walsh pop out from the middle of nowhere??

Ah well. I decide to move over to the dance floor, and see if I can find a guy there.

I lose myself in the music, losing focus on my hot guy search along with it. My body meets the pulsating beats.

A pair of hands suddenly run down my sides, waking me out of my dancing bliss.

The hands belong to a girl, obviously drunk, with a smirk painted across her face.

"Um...can I help you?" I ask, a hint of sass in my tone.

"Haha, you're sooooo cute," She slurs out. I roll my eyes.

"I'm gay."

"Sureeee you are."

A raise my eyebrows. "I am. Now back off, please."

She leans in to whisper in my ear. "I can make you nottt gay, honeyyy."

"Did you come with a friend or something? I can take you back to them."

"Orrrr, I can take you back to myyy place instead?" She asks, snaking a hand down my spine. I shudder, in reflex, but she takes it that I like it.

She shoves herself at me, kissing me. Well, if you can call thrusting your lips at the corner of someone's lips a kiss.

I try pushing her away, but she's persistent. She throws herself at me once more. No one else makes a move to help me.

Until, a hand is pulling the girl back.

"Hey, get lost!" It's a guy's voice. I think. The bass in this song is loud.

"Noo, you get lost, sillyyy!"

The person-possibly a guy-shoves her back, so that she stumbles into a group of people dancing in a circle.

Then, this same person comes into view.

He's tall, my head just meets his, and he's got these dramatic baby blue eyes. I adore them. His blonde hair is in a quiff, and he has a slight stubble thing going on. It's pretty hot, not gonna lie. His lips are soft pink, and he has a lip ring. Definitely a turn on.

Honestly, this is the hot guy I've been waiting for all night.

"Thanks for rescuing me," I say, appreciatively.

He grins-oh God, that grin-and I melt inside. "No problem. Didn't look like you were enjoying her 'flirting'."

I laugh a little, gaze focused on the ground. "Not really."

"Do you want to go someplace where we can, I don't know, actually talk?"

"Alright. I'm Calum, I almost forgot to tell you."