I Know Places

THIS IS SHORT AND IT SUCKS I APOLOGIZE

but I tried I need to get this done so I can be ready for BADLANDS
-----
A light pressure on my waist, that's all it is.

But this small gesture is like a spark, setting off a wildfire, and whispers surrounding us seem to get louder and louder.

Then, flashes. Thousands, seemingly, more than usual.

"Calum and Luke over here!"

A female sounding shriek, and a cry of "CAKE IS SO REAL!"

And then me. "This is a bad sign," I mumble to Calum.

"I know, but I can get us out of this death trap. Where there's a will, there's a way, Confucius once said."

I scoff. "Confucius did not say that. Besides, how does one escape the media anyways?'

He grabs my hand. "Let's just say I know places."

"What?"

"C'mon," Calum runs ahead, his hand jolting me forward a bit. "We've gotta go."

We start sprinting away from annoying outbursts and flashing lights, giggling all the while.

"Oh god, they're catching up! Hide in the alley, hide in the alley," Calum urges.

"That's a tad cliche, don't you think?"

He laughs, tugging me forward by the hand. "Shut up. You'll stick with me if you wanna survive."

I roll my eyes, shoving his shoulder. "So now we're in an act-"

His hand clamps over my mouth, and we're crouching behind a dumpster suddenly. I hear confused noises, and loud footsteps. Must be the paparazzi passing by.

"You did it! We escaped!" I exclaim, hugging Calum.

"Yeah, but not for long. You know all the media will be attacking us with questions and stuff. It'll pr-"

"Oh no, Cal, oh no, no, no-"

"Lukey, you alright?"

"Calum, they're gonna gossip about us in those fake tabloids, aren't they? They're gonna split us apart because of stupid rumors and...oh god, this is bad! This is very, very bad!"

"Hey, no they won't," He says soothingly.

"How the hell can you even say that? So many celebrity ships get sunk by-"

"Lukey, calm down, can you do that for me? I love you, okay?"

I stare into his deep brown eyes, and find myself believing him. "Okay. Okay, I'm okay. I love you too, Cal."

"I'll never leave you over some stupid assholes in magazines, telling me that you're sleeping with a girl or something."

I scrunch up nose in disgust. "Ew, yeah no. Girls are clearly not my thing."

He chuckles, and places a hand on my cheek, caressing it. "I really love you, a lot." And Calum kisses me softly, before hearing someone yell behind us.

"I've found them!"

"Run!" He shouts, and grabs my hand, pulling me with him.

"It's like the fucking Hunger Games!" I yell, irritated with people with cameras right about now.

He laughs loudly, throwing his head back. "They're quite the hunters, right?" Calum yells back.

"Yeah," I pant. "They're catching up!"

"Okay, okay, just grab my hand and don't ever drop it, Lukey!"

I squeeze his hand, before pushing Calum into a tiny dollar store, an unsuspecting place to see famous people.

And, just our luck. A flood of people and their blinding flashes storm past.

I release a loud exhale of relief, and lean my head on top of Calum's shoulder. "I think we lost them. I hope we've lost them, God."

"Yeah, I feel you. Neat idea with the dollar store. Where'd you get that idea, a romantic comedy?"

I laugh, and feel Calum's arm draping around my waist, pulling me closer. "No, you idiot. Just a quick noggin."

He scoffs, and sarcastically says, "Yeah, sure you do."

"Don't underestimate me. Let's just say I know places," I mockingly say.

"Okay, I kind of deserved that, yeah yeah. Hey, while we're here, we should buy a ton of cheap candy bars and shit."
"Because WHO CARES ABOUT THE SUGAR CONTENT?!" I exclaim loudly.

"Sir, could you please quiet down?" An employee snaps at me.

"Oh, sorry..." I can feel my face getting hot. "Okay, I want to hide now." My hands are covering my face as Calum kisses my forehead.

"Hey, it's alright. I know places you won't be found," He grins, and I groan.

"Keep this shit up and I will slap you with these Hershey bars."

"Mmm, kinky."

And dollar stores quickly became our favorite place to hide.
-----
that's it I'm sorry don't hurt me I am trying

you should go check out the 2k15 Cake Awards on Destiny's acc btw bc IT'S GONNA BE FUN AWARDS ARE FUN

don't throw rocks at me for this shitty one shot thanks bye