This Love

It's been awhile, but I wrote this all in one night so why IS THIS SHIT TAKING ME SO LONG

What I meant to say was HUGE THANK YOU FOR 5K READS?! THAT'S AMAZING RECOGNITION FOR UPDATES AS SLOW AS SNAILS.

This one is kind of sad. And includes a lot of sea/boat references, I'm sorry.
-----
It wasn't him.

The boy next to me was not Calum, to my dismay. He looked an awful lot like him, though. Dark, curly hair, tanned skin. But the ink.

The ink was missing. His arm was so...bare, empty. Much like my own heart.

I remember when he washed over into my world, and not long after that, into my heart.

"My dad taught me how to use a boat this weekend."

"And what does that have to do with me?" I inquire, looking up from my sketchbook.

"It means we can totally have a boat party," Michael grins. I snort.

"Seriously? A BOAT party. Lame."

"No, not lame. We'll get a good trip on the waves for a bit, just enough time to dick around with some girls, or in your case, guys. Then I'll go back to the docks, and we can run down to the beach. We'll make it there in time to see the sunset. Romantic...?"

I contemplate the idea. "Okay. But invite cute boys, for my sake. Make sure they aren't idiots. And you don't dick around with someone, you flirt."

"You know what I meant. Okay, I think I know a couple gay, slash bi, dudes."

"Thanks Michael."

"Got your back, mate," He pats my shoulder before standing and leaving. Off to make party preparations, I assume.

I get up from the bed, rolling my eyes as the guy lets out a grunt. Calum wouldn't grunt. He'd let out a melodic whimper, roll over and grab my pillow to cuddle in my place.

I shake off the thought. Can't cry now.

Making my way into our-can I still call it our?-living room, I think about Michael's party.

"Which ones are mine?" I ask, grabbing a beer from the cooler.

"Uh, that red head, blondie with the glasses, that one, and my old best mate, Calum," Michael finishes.

"Calum? The one who moved a few years back?"

"Yeah, he came back last month. He contacted me, we had a chat. He's apparently gay and back in Aus. Knock yourself out, bud. I don't care if you date one of my old friends."

And with that, Mikey was gone. I sigh, take a sip of the alcohol, and start with glasses guy.

I crack an egg into the hot pan, not caring if any of the noise I make wakes the guy up. I end up kicking them all out anyways.

I pop two pieces of bread into the toaster. Maybe it's a bit harsh for me to kick the random hookups out, but it's not my fault I'm so bitter.

None of them can ever compare to you.

Glasses guy turns out to be really nice, just not my type. Red heads aren't my thing either, so I mention him to the blonde, and he seems eager to make a move. I smile, before heading over to this mysterious Calum.

Michael mentioned him on a few occasions, but not in great detail.

"Um, hi? I'm Luke. Michael's-"