You Are In Love

Oh god oh god

This book is over. Thank you for giving it so much love, and sticking with it even when I never updated for 192729292 years. You guys are truly the best and I love you all so much.

Here is the last, and my favorite, one shot of 1989. It's been a good run.
-----
Brown eyes stare at Luke.

It seems as if the look is meant only for him, even if the room is too dark to make out much. Luke feels his feet carrying him towards the brown eyes.

"Uh, I-I'm Luke?"

He can make out a boy, thank god he's got good eyesight. "I'm Calum," The guy says, grinning. He's beautiful, Luke thinks. From what he can see.

"You look um...you look wonderful tonight. Even if I can't see that well in this dark room. Wait, uh, I didn't mean for that to come out rude! Hold on..."

Calum laughs, luckily. It's a pretty sound, and Luke thanks Michael for not playing the music too loudly. He thinks he'd like to hear Calum's laugh again, he wants to play it back.

"How about we move to somewhere with more light, so we can both see how wonderful each other look?" Calum bites his lip a little as he smiles, and Luke can feel his heart straining forward.

"I hope you're not planning on taking me home already," Luke shoots back, making Calum laugh again.

"Haven't seen your entire face, can't plan on doing much yet."

And they walk outside, and yes, Calum looks so pretty in the moonlight. Time seemed to move fast as they talked, conversation flowing easily.

At some point, as they walk down the sidewalk immersed in their conversation, a car drives into a puddle, making a huge splash. Luke shrieks and stumbles into Calum, gripping his black coat tightly.

"Are you alright?" Calum asks, holding Luke's arms steady.

"Y-yeah, yeah. Sorry," Luke runs a hand over the wrinkles he's created on Calum's coat. "I like your coat. The, uh, buttons on your coat are smooth?" He tries to joke to clear the awkward air, fiddling with one of the said buttons.

Calum chuckles, and puts a hand over Luke's, stilling his moving hand on the button. "Thanks," He replies a bit breathlessly.

"Yeah, um...yeah. No problem," Luke blushes.

"Oh, hey! My car is um, is over there? Do you maybe wanna go for a cup of joe?" Calum asks, looking a bit embarrassed as the words leave his plump lips. Not that Luke was staring at them too much.

"Nice rhyme," Luke snorts. "But sure. Midnight is the best time for coffee."

Calum holds the door open for Luke. The blonde can feel his heart flutter, something he hasn't felt in ages.

The tanned male takes his spot in the driver's seat, and puts the car in gear, backing out before driving forward.

"You have every Taylor Swift CD?" Luke asks, staring at the little compartment holding all of Calum's CD's.

"Don't judge, or I'll have to drop you off right now," Calum jokes.

"No! That's a good thing, because I'm a massive fan as well."

Calum looks a little pleasantly surprised. "You're a keeper, Luke."

Luke won't let himself freak out over his words, not until he's alone in his bed. "YOU HAVE THE NEW DRAKE ALBUM ON CD?!"

Calum laughs, and nods. "It's a masterpiece. Do you want to put it on?"

"Oh. I thought it was kind of a given," Luke says sheepishly, CD already about to go into the player.