Blank Space

Hola Mishamigos. So this one kinda moves just a tad fast? Soz mates.
Also, the side pic is from my cake ask blog: askcakehoodings. Go give me a follow if you'd like, yeah?

-----

Oh. My. God.

That's all Luke could think when he laid eyes on Michael's other best friend, Calum.

"So, Luke, this is Calum," Michael introduced.

"N-nice to meet you," Luke stuttered. When did he begin stuttering again?

"Nice to meet you too, Luke. Michael's told me a lot of things about you."

His voice was deep and beautiful, almost like music. 

"Michael's told me a lot about you too." It was true, Luke had heard extraordinary stories about Calum. He was incredible, and Luke wanted to show Calum even more incredible things. Sin was definitely at the top of the list...

Wait, what?

Luke was the type of guy who had had many flings, but all of his relationships, if you could even call them that, ended in flames. Forever seemed impossible, but to Luke, love was all a game anyways.

See, guys were all the same. They want love to be torture, and when love is too easy, they leave. Or, they just want lust, not love. 

So yeah, Luke had a long list of exes. But that doesn't mean that Calum wasn't worth the mistakes.

"Luke? You in there?" Michael asked, jokingly.

"Huh? Oh, sorry," He said, blushing.

"I was just saying that you and Calum should hang out sometime, so you can become friends." Luke knew exactly what Michael was trying to do here, but he went along with it. He wanted to be with Calum badly.

Wait, what the fuck? Seriously, what is Calum doing to him already?

"Uh yeah, next week sound good?"

Calum grinned. Oh god, he's so cute. "Sure. I'll give you my number so we can pick a location."

Luke could hardly survive Calum grinning for .5 seconds, how was he supposed to handle a date? 

Wait, date?? Fucking thoughts.

-----

They meet next week, following Michael's suggestion to go to a new coffee shop downtown.

Luke hears a little chime as he enters the cozy cafe.

The interior is mostly made of dark, rich wood, contrasting with the cafe name. However, the lighting makes up for it, giving just enough light so that one can see, but so that it also adds a warm, cozy haze to the cafe.

"Hello! My name is Ashton, welcome to A Drop of Sunshine!" A boy with curly hair greets him. He's cute, but Calum is cuter. The name of the cafe suits him, what with sunshine and all.

"Hi," Luke says, giving him the warmest smile he can muster.

"Luke!" Calum calls from a table on the right side of the room. His hair is all fluffy and quiffed up, and his smile is warm and inviting. Damn, those brown eyes of his were intoxicating, too.

Since when did Luke's knees go weak?

"H-hey, Cal," Luke grins. He can't help it.

"How are you?"

"Um, okay, I guess." Luke goes to pull out the chair across from Calum, but the dark haired boy quickly rushes over and pulls it out for him. It's such a sweet gesture. Calum is so different than any of the other boys Luke has dated. (Begin Again reference shh)

"Thanks," Luke says, smiling.

Calum slides back into his own chair. "No problem."

Ashton sighs dreamily, and both boys hear it. They blush and look away from each other.

The hazel-eyed boy giggles, before asking what they'd like to order. (I don't like coffee so I'm not an expert, sorry. Leave coffee suggestions for future ref??)

Luke orders a french vanilla latte (I think this is what my mum usually gets), and Calum gets a hot chocolate (lol me).

"So Luke, how are you?"

"Um, good. How are you?" Luke was never awkward with boys. Never. What was so different about Calum?

"Better, because I'm with you." Luke blushes. Blushes. 

"Don't say that," Luke murmurs.

"Why not?" Calum asks, his expression a cross between confused and concerned.

"Because you don't know me. I'm insane, Calum. I'm like..." Luke glances to the vase of roses on the counter. "Like a rose garden filled with thorns."

Calum chuckles. "Poetic, I like it."

Luke frowns, and Calum stops smiling. The abrupt mood change doesn't sit well with Luke.

"Look, Luke, I like you. I don't care how terrible you think you are, I like you. Which is why I want to ask you something..."

"What?"

"Do you want to go on a date with me this weekend? Like, a proper date. If you want to! I mean-"

"Yes," Luke smiles fondly at Calum's rambling.

Calum looks relieved, and grins. "Okay. Okay, I'll text you."

Ashton returns, setting their drinks on the table.

"Have fun on your date," He winks, before attending to another customer.

All Luke can wonder about is where the fuck his old heartbreaker reputation has gone. Calum has him wrapped around his fucking finger, and it's an odd feeling for Luke.

-----

Calum decides to take Luke to a park.

They talk a lot, about their families, themselves, old memories, so on and so on. It makes Luke want to create memories with Calum, which is strange. No one has ever made him feel this way.

When Luke tries to toss candy hearts, like the ones you get for Valentine's Day, into his mouth, Calum has an unreadable expression on his face. Luke, who can usually read people like magazines, cannot tell what it means.

"Why're you looking at me like that?"

Calum comes out of his awfully dazed state. "Wha-um, I'm not-looking at you like how?"

"I don't know, you're just looking at me...fondly? But I know that what you're feeling is something else rather than fond," Luke explains with great difficulty.

Calum blushes and rubs the back of his neck. "It's more like feeling something more than fond..."

It's Luke's turn to blush. "Oh. Um..."

"Sorry, Luke. I know from Michael that you don't do the whole love thing, and that everything is way too fast, and you'll probably drop me like two-week-old trash because I'm just not-"

Luke presses a soft kiss to Calum's cheek.

"I might just be a bit more than fond of you too, Cal."

Calum grins instantly-does this boy ever stop grinning? Luke can't even think about the subject more, because Calum leans in, and kisses Luke.

The world stops. All that matters is Calum's lips against his. It's soft, and Calum's lips are so plump. Luke feels his heart swell.

Luke decides that despite that list of exes, there's definitely a big blank space on it for Calum.

And someday, Luke will find out that Calum is the last name to be on the list, ending it.

-----

AMERICAN BEAUTY/AMERICAN PSYCHO COMES OUT TOMORROW (which is why i picked that as the side pic) AND I MIGHT GET TICKETS TO THE BOYS OF ZUMMER THING I'M SO EXCITED GUYS