Wonderland

LOOK MUM, I DID IT!

jk my mum would NOT be proud of me if she knew I did this shi but hEY AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME
-----
Of course it was exhilarating; he always looked breathtaking even when we were out of breath from running.

But Calum disappeared like Cheshire Cat the moment rumors sprouted, and his bright grin vanished with him.

"I don't know Michael. He lost his mind, nothing more to say," I said to my best friend. It felt good to talk about Calum to someone who wasn't an interviewer.

"That's why you broke up? What, Calum got a little depressed an-"

"He didn't really lose his mind! We both did, but not like that. This made us lose it." I pull out a copy of a magazine with Calum and I on the cover, bold letters saying '#CAKE-ALL A HOAX?'.

"What about it? Rumors about you guys have sprea-"

"Calum's management made the story happen. They wanted drama. Thought it'd ruin my reputation, our relationship, and make him look good."

"Oh, Luke..." The black haired boy says softly, pitying me.

"It's alright; would've happened sooner or later," I mutter.

Michael frowns. "Well, we'll get nowhere focusing on these silly rumors. Tell me about the relationship, tell me what made you stay with this boy through this drama."

I take a deep breath, and begin to spin my tale of our short-lived relationship.

Red carpet event. Excitement, chatter, and camera shutters fill the air.

And I lay eyes on him, for the very first time. At least, for the first time outside of a screen or magazine page.

Calum Hood. Musician. Every teenage girl's heartthrob. And mine too.

But I'm not here to focus on him. I'm up for an award, stay focused Luke.

As soon as the breathtaking young male steps towards me, I lose my shit. Er, cool. What? Focus, something about focus...I think. What was I thinking? How can I focus on anything other than those brown eyes?

"Hi, I'm Calum. Big fan of your stuff," He grins effortlessly. See Luke, he's not getting lost in his head, like you.

"R-really? I mean, thanks! I'm Luke. Shit, you knew that. Wait, I didn't mean to say shi-"

"You're cute when you ramble."

Luke blushes even harder than he was already. "Interviewers tend to think differently."

Calum laughs at that, and it's beautiful. "Funny and cute? I think interviewers find that you're the full package."

"Do you think I'm the full package?" And fuck, I shouldn't have said that. I hope I fall into a hole, a rabbit hole, like Alice does. Life would be so much better then.

He tilts his head and gives me a small smile. Perhaps fond. In my state of nervousness and embarrassment, I took it as a pitying smile.

"Maybe, but we'll see soon, Hemmings. Good luck tonight. I'll be seeing you," He says kindly, patting my shoulder before disappearing.

"I never knew Calum Hood was a flirt," Michael comments, looking fascinated by the story.

"He was. Is."

"Even after you said all that...wow, he must've been a really big fan," Michael jokes.

I manage to laugh. "He just liked the strange ones, I guess."