New Romantics

pt 1 of the end of this book lmao lmao LMAO LABSKAKAJAJA

I'll put my emo thank you in You Are In Love aka the best one shot of this book tbfh
-----
Luke knows all about the period of romanticism, how romantics valued feelings and emotion over logic, their poems and art.

And it was boring. But when was English not?

It also seemed foolish to him. Who would ever so irrationally put their heart before their head?

Ridiculous. Luke would choose smarts over being smitten any day.

Which is why he shouldn't have let Calum Hood flirt with him. It was a dumb choice, a casualty of thinking with his heart and not his head.

He'd been sitting in his class, all ready for the professor to walk in and begin the lecture, when Calum came and sat right next to him.

They'd flirted a bit. Maybe a bit further, borderline 'would you like to go out sometime,' in fact. Had it been anyone else, it would have gone to that level.

But there was the girl. The blonde with fake...well, everything. And he wished the mascara running down her face was fake, that it wasn't caused by the very attractive boy next to him.

"I hate you Calum! You just left me there! I hope you go to hell," She had shrieked in her awful, high-pitched voice.

And after that, Luke glared harshly at Calum while he tried to explain the situation.

"I won't take your petty excuses. Forget about it," Luke had said coldly, and moved seats.

He had almost fallen into the trap of feelings.

"And this is the stuff I think about when I'm supposed to be finishing this ballad," He sighs, rubbing his face with his hands.

A loud sigh from behind startles the blonde, nearly making him fall out of his chair. He turns around, red-faced and blue eyes wide with shock.

"What are you looking at?" Luke wants to die. It's Calum Hood, the frat boy, the fuckboy. The one all the girls in his class fawn over, then cry over.

"Y-you scared me."

He scoffs. "A little sigh like that got you pissing your pants? You must be tough, mate."

Luke turns even more red, out of embarrassment and anger. "I don't have time for your bullshit. Apologize to me, then you can get back to that slut you've got in your bedroom at the frat. Or pick up the next one."

Calum growls. "I'm not just some frat boy, Hemmings. I'm not that guy. You've got the wrong idea."

"Really, Hood? From what I've seen, that's quite the lie."

"Just because you've seen shit, doesn't mean you know the whole story. Rumors aren't the truth."

"Oh honey, don't you know that most rumors are true? Face it fuckboy, I've got you all figured out." Luke begins shoving all of his materials into his backpack.

"I think you'll find that I'm quite the opposite."

Luke rolls his eyes, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Sure."

"We're throwing a party at the frat this weekend. You should come. I'll show you who I am."

"Are you gonna show me yours? If so, I'm not up for showing mine."

Calum groans. "Fine. Stay stubborn. Shows the truth about you, actually."

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows.