I'm Sorry [Kiba Inuzuka] for Yumi

"You know I hate it when you show off like that on missions," Minna sighed. Kiba couldn't answer, having his back turned to the girl who was patching him up. "What am I going to do with you?"

Akamaru whined from where he was lying on the floor, knowing they were both in trouble. The large dog had already been bandaged up, only sustaining minor injuries. Minna's eyes glanced over the young man's back, seeing the long kunai gash. Taking a deep breath chakra formed in hand before pressing against the wound. Kiba hissed in response, but curbed his tongue not wanting to upset her further.

Finally the skin had been mended, leaving a dark red line running over the skin. Tomorrow she could heal the rest with ease once a night of rest to rebuild her levels. Though to be sure it didn't become infected the young woman spread a paste over the area and wrapped him up.

"I'm sorry," Kiba finally spoke. "He was right in our sights so I acted... without thinking. I can't help that I become impatient."

"I know, it's in your nature." Minna tugged on the wrapping, causing the ninja to grunt in pain. "You just can't help yourself sometimes." The young man groaned at her torture, knowing he deserved this and didn't say anything. Finally, the bandage was locked in place, both sitting still.

"I'm sorry."

Sighing, Minna leaned forward, forehead resting against his back, arms wrapped around his waist. "I only wish you were more careful."

Yes, he knew how worried his friend was whenever he went on missions and returned with injuries. Though it wasn't his intention to do this. In all honesty his rash decisions were for the good of the team, not wanting to put them in danger. Kiba would rather be the one to withstand the injury. But it was selfish at the same time because Minna had lost her father to a mission. She didn't want to loose him too, and that had been very clear to him when Konoha's army came back from the Fourth Shinobi War.

The young woman was a Medical Ninja in the hospital, who hid the extent of her abilities so she didn't have to see the battlefield. In reality she was one of the most talented and skilled people in the medical practice, almost surpassing Sakura, the Hokage's pupil. Minna trained herself for fear of her chakra powers being exposed. Only Kiba knew, her best friend, and he vowed to take that secret to the grave if need be.

The young man placed one hand over Minna's overlapping ones, holding it reassuringly. "I know. At least I've managed to avoid most attacks now."

She groaned, butting her forehead against his back in warning. "Shut up. You're still in trouble."

He chuckled. "Tell me something new."

Turning slightly, Minna pulled away before Kiba leaned forward to kiss her slowly. "I'm not going to forgive you that easily."

He smirked, rubbing his nose against hers. "Yeah, but it's worth a shot every time."

The young woman cracked a smile before the ninja fell back against the bed, pulling her closer against his side. "So what's the diagnosis, Doc?"

"You'll live," she murmured. "But I'll need to finish up tomorrow so there are no scars." He nodded, kissing the top of her head, free hand caressing the girl's upturned cheek.

"I love you, Minna. You know that, right?"

"Yes," she answered, kissing his exposed chest. "And I love you too, even if you are careless."

Kiba grinned, hugging her tighter.