Stay [Naruto] for Jamie Bennett and neko Andy

"Hey, Naruto!"

The knucklehead looked down from his perch in the tree, seeing Kiba and Akamaru. "What?"

"Haven't you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Mayumi is back!"

Naruto's eyes widened and in an instant was gone. Kiba chuckled in amusement.

Sakura was hugging the Chuunin tightly, both sharing smiles when they pulled away. "I'm so happy you're finally back!"

"You're not the only one," Mayumi grinned.

"Well maybe you can help me reign in Naruto. I could use the help."

"Still up to his same tricks?"

Sakura sweat dropped. "You have no idea." She shook her head. "Anyway, the gang is throwing a party for you tomorrow at Ino's. Be there at sundown."

"Where are you off to?"

"The hospital. Don't you-"

Something pressed tightly against the girl's back, arms wrapping around her waist so she didn't fall. Mayumi laughed, reaching back to mess up the blonde hair. "Nice to see you too, Naruto." He grinned, twirling them around before setting straight again.

Sakura watched on silently, smirking to herself before leaving for the hospital. "About time you got back."

Her eyes rolled. "You're so dramatic. It was only a month."

His shoulder shrugged. "Too long. Want to get some ramen?"

"Sure-"

"Watch out!" The two turned, watching as Konohamaru came barreling down the street in an out of control contraption. Mayumi yelped as Naruto tackled her to the ground out of the way, the boy rushing by in a blur. His friends were not far behind trying to stop him.

"Sorry, Naruto!" Moegi shouted.

"Konohamaru, slow down!" yelled Udon.

The ninja were left in the street, trying to comprehend what just happened. "Actually, maybe you should lay off the ramen," Mayumi snickered.

Naruto chuckled, slowly removing himself from her. "Funny. That's not going to happen."

"Worth a try."

The knucklehead helped her stand, though she tripped into him from the strength behind the tug. "Sorry."

Mayumi shook her head, giving him a hug. "Even though it was only a month mission to Suna I still missed you. Gaara didn't really have a sense of humor."

Naruto grinned, hugging her back. "Come on, let's go get that food. My treat!"

Mayumi cocked a brow. "Really? You're not just telling me that so I go only to then realize you forgot your coupons or money pouch?"

"I promise I have it this time." His hand patted one of the pockets in his pants." Hand still holding her own, the Chuunin tugged his friend along.

"I'm sorry!" Konohamaru's voice came again. Though this time there was no time to move as Naruto was taken out, tumbling across the ground as the boy passed by. Mayumi quickly made a hand sign, throwing a water ball and short-circuiting the device.

"Thanks Mayumi!" Moegi said as the two ran past to scold their teammate.

"Naruto!" The teen rushed to his side.

"Ugh, what hit me?" he groaned.

Mayumi chuckled. "I think we'll have to take a rain check on that ramen. I'm taking you home."

"I'm fine." Though he staggered when trying to stand.

"With that bump on your head you're not. Come on." He was barely conscious as the girl half carried him back to his apartment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto groaned, fully wakening to find himself in bed with a bandage wrapped around his head. He had a splitting headache, barely hearing the door to the room open. "Here." Glancing up the ninja saw Mayumi holding out a glass of water and two aspirin. He didn't hesitate to chug it down. "Konohamaru got in trouble for disturbing the peace. So he's on community service for the next few weeks and will be around at some point and time to apologize."

"I can't believe he got me."

"Well we didn't expect him to come whipping back around after the first time." Both laughed quietly between each other. The girl reached forward, feeling his forehead. "Well there's no more fever, which is good. Sakura said I should bring you into the hospital if it kept up."

"You saw Sakura?"

"She actually saw us as I was dragging you back to the apartment. Thought I had been too rough with you during a sparing match." The two shared a laugh, Mayumi moving away. "I'll go make you a cup of ramen or something-"

The girl was pulled onto the bed, falling on Naruto's chest with an oof, while their lips touched. "I'm not hungry, just stay here," he muttered.

She blinked. "You're turning down ramen? Never thought I'd see the day that would happen."

His eyes rolled. "Shut up."

Mayumi snickered, lying down so a cheek pressed against his chest and fell asleep. Glancing down and realizing that the ninja wasn't going to be waking up anytime soon Naruto grinned, kissing the top of her head in secret, glad she did not leave.