The Hunt [Kiba] for Tara

Jia bent over backwards as a kunai whizzed overhead, the edge of the blade just grazing her black bangs. Eyes narrowing, she spun out of the way throwing a shuriken through the air. It hit the target head on, only for it to turn into a log. Though the teen expected it to be a clone. Dropping to the ground in a split, her chest pressed against the grass as a shadow passed. The figure tucked a rolled before standing on their feet, facing the ninja in a crouched position.

"Good doggie," she commented. Jia pushed herself up quickly and moved out of the way as an attack hit the spot she was just occupying. "Nice try Kiba, but you'll have to do better to try and pass off Akamaru as yourself."

The Chuunin growled. "I'm just getting warmed up," he stated.

She smirked. "Well, I hope so."

The two attacked Jia again, the girl moving across the field with haste before ducking into the woods. Having lost the duo only a few minutes after maneuvering through the trees, made her on edge. Not being able to see the opponent could be dangerous because then there was no way to tell what kind of offense they would take.

It came dropping down through the branches, the Chuunin changing course at the last second. Though a hand wrapped around the waist from behind, being thrown to the ground roughly. Her head butted with the young man, causing him to let go and reel back with a whine. Jia used the chance to roll over, but before she could stand a heavy body fell on top of her making the air rush from both lungs.

"You need to lay off the food," she wheezed.

"That's just my muscles."

"Yeah right." The ninja tried wiggling away, but his two hands gripped her wrists, pinning the girl effectively. "More like fat."

His eyes rolled. "As if. The other day you were drooling over them when Sensei brought us to that spa to unwind."

"I was not!" she snapped.

Kiba smirked. "That was a quick reaction from you. And based on your heartbeat, I know you're lying."

"Get off me, you egotistical dog."

He snickered. "Hmm, I'm kind of comfortable. I think I'll stay here for a bit."

"Kiba!" she whined, legs kicking since it was the only body parts that were in fact free.

"What? It wasn't easy to catch you and I'm tired."

"Sensei said I wasn't allowed to go easy on you like Shino or Hinata would."

"I know. So, what's my reward for catching you?"

"Nice try, dog boy, but not everything you do deserves a reward."

"I'd like to see you try and catch yourself. We've been running around for nearly two hours."

"Well, if I didn't get you active in some way, you'd get lazy. And based on your weight now, I'd say we still have a ways to go."

His head turned in more so his lips were just ghosting her ear. "There are other ways to get me in shape." Her face flushed right away at a loss for words. "You're not objecting."

"Your statement was so blunt it caught me by surprise."

"You should know me by now I speak my mind."

"Well, I wasn't thinking those perverted thoughts would ever be on your mind."

As much as Kiba complained about chasing her, the task was actually very exciting to him. It was rather enjoyable, especially when he caught her. From the corner of her eye, she caught his gaze. The Chuunin pushed himself up slightly so he could kiss Jia's lips. The contact made his hold on the ninja loosen, basking in the feeling of finally kissing his teammate.

Though seconds later the space underneath him was empty, and the teen opened his eyes, wondering where the young woman had gone. Something moved out of the corner of his eyes, drawing Kiba's attention.

Jia smirked, arms crossed and standing at the base of a tree. "As a ninja you can never be distracted." She gave his open mouthed, shocked expression a wink. "Better luck next time, Kiba."

She disappeared from sight, the young man breaking out of his daze and realizing what had just happened. Akamaru moved to his owner's side, yipping for orders. Growling playfully, Kiba stood, brushing off his uniform before inhaling her scent. The hunt had begun once again, but this time he would be sure to not let Jia go.