Ghost [Naruto] Kaishi hatake

"This is an A+ mission," Tsunade said. Immediately the attention of the four people in the room was grabbed. "I thought so. Kakashi is in charge, no if, ands, or buts. You are to follow his orders precisely."

"Who are we tracking?" the Jounin asked.

"Ghost."

Naruto's brow cocked. "We're taking on a paranormal investigation? Don't we have other people for that?"

Sakura slapped him upside the head. "Idiot! Don't you ever read through reports?" she snapped. "Especially those in the black book?"

"Eh, from time to time."

"Well now is the perfect time to do just that," the Hokage said.

"Ghost," Sai spoke up. "A rogue ninja that moves from land to land with little to no trace. No one knows what they look like or just where this ninja is from. At least no one has survived an encounter to give us any information."

"Then how do we know this person exists?" Naruto asked.

"Because someone had to kill the victims. Even the best tracker ninjas' cannot pinpoint who this rogue is. The trail always ends cold."

"Yeah, but none of these victims are exactly innocent," Sakura said. "Crime bosses, smugglers, murderers, and rogues. They range from Chuunin to S-Ranked."

"And Ghost has finally made their mark here in the Land of Fire," Tsunade said. "This morning we received word that an entire ring of rogue ninjas' were found slaughtered in a small town that was supposedly being attacked by them. They're calling this masked vigilantly a hero, which I do not doubt, but we ninjas' are the law. Those criminals must be brought to justice before being potentially executed." The woman handed over a scroll. "For the first time Ghost might have forgotten to cover their tracks. This could be a lead. They are honing in on something, seeing as the last time a team found a site was just on the boarder two days ago."

"What do you want to do with this Ghost?" Kakashi asked.

"I'd like to bring them in for questioning. If possible. But if you deem Ghost to be too dangerous don't risk your lives. Kill them. The Leaf cannot replace any of your skills."

"Understood. We'll take care of this."

Walking outside the gate of the Leaf, Kakashi broke the seal, reading over the contents. "We travel west." The paper burned to ash in his hands so the information could never be seen again. "Scout the area, create a perimeter approaching the scene. Look for any clues and gather information from those stationed in the forest. Then we'll set off again to resume our search."

"Right," the three answered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it?" a ninja asked. "This is all the Hokage sent us?"

"Everyone here is of Jounin or ANBU level," Kakashi reassured.

"Well so are we. So were these sick individuals that went to Hell. But look at where they are and all the others that have been taken care of by this 'Ghost'."

"You don't believe in them."

The man scoffed. "I personally believe this person is just not right in the head and takes pleasure taking out every victim. Obviously they must've been in league with this 'Ghost' sometime in their life and was double-crossed. It's only a vengeful human. No paranormal activity whatsoever."