THIRTEEN

Word Count: 2000

Lev and I didn't speak the entire ride back to our hotel, even though we weren't accompanied by anyone.

Yet the moment we stepped outside of the car, watching it drive back off into the night as if it never existed in the first place, he grabs my arm, turning me around to face him. His eyes are wild, blond hair mussed about as if he has been running his hands tirelessly through it.

"You can't do it," he growls. It's clear he shouldn't have come, that he shouldn't witnessed that. I'm starting to become used to the unpredictable world that these Alpha's live in, so I'm not so shaken by what I've been offered to do.

Lev on the other hand...He looks moments away from breaking down.

"I have to think about it at least," I reply, shrugging his grip off as I walk into the hotel, thankfully no one is in the waiting area to hear out exchange. No one would believe it anyway. I can hardly believe it.

"Remember, you don't owe them anything," Lev comments.

I sigh. Of course I know that. I know that it would be easier to move here, away from the Harmony Pack that Noah leads, and live a life without the chaos of immortals and Alpha's. But if I do this, I'm not only helping avenge Noah for what happened to his mate, I also may recieve compensation for it.

"But imagine what I could get from them if I do this," I tell Lev as we stalk up the stairs and to the room we are sharing. "We may never have to work again."

"Double-crossing such a powerful immortal is extremely dangerous, Amolet," Lev growls, as if I hadn't already considered that. "Let's move here."

As we walk into the room, Lev closes the door firmly, dragging his hand through his hair, still unable to shake that concerned expression. I can get Cian to trust me, to see me as someone he can confide in him. If I'm the first one that has gotten him to talk, then surely I'm capable of his trust.

"Cian won't hurt me. If he wanted to, he would have already," I sigh, rubbing my hands down my arms as I remember the way he took me to the immortal realm, not laying a finger on me. Had he desired my demise, he would have enacted it then.

"That's because you haven't betrayed him yet. He's Greed, which is not something to mess around with," Lev notes, the desperation in his tone making my stomach churn.

The last thing I want is to upset my friend...How can he not see how good this could be.

"So he likes to get what he wants...So does everyone, to an extent," I say with a shrug, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"But Greed is what shapes him, what makes him who he is. He's a bad guy Amolet, I can't let you do this," Lev insists. I know he is right, about Cian being Greed, yet I haven't witnessed anything of that sort yet...Other then him impulsively taking me to the immortal realm just to speak to me.

I look down at my hands. "It's not your decision."

"I know, but I feel like I owe it to you to try make your life as good as possible," he stresses gently, coming to sit next to me on the bed. I let him take my hand in his, the warmth of his touch usually comforting, but tonight, it feels odd. "And I love you...You know I love you."

"I love you too Lev. But that doesn't change anything..." I say quietly, half defeated.

"I was trying to tell you something earlier, but we got cut off," Lev says, deciding to turn the conversation in a different direction now. I frown, not realising Lev had anything to tell me that I didn't already know. Recently I've been the one with all the secrets, and I hate it.