FORTY EIGHT

Hey guys! The Immortal Prince is now on Wattpad, and I'm so excited to share it with you

Hey guys! The Immortal Prince is now on Wattpad, and I'm so excited to share it with you. It follows Hale's story, and I would appreciate it greatly if you could check it out after this chapter (:
Thank you guys!

Word Count: 2065

~Amolet

I stand amidst the snow, staring at Aven's home from the paddock next to it.

"Alright, I'll go in and speak to Aven, while the rest of you stay out here," I instruct, turning toward the pure bloods. Cian, Sinful, Ira and Hale are present, all anxious to lure Stace here to kill him. I am too, although I'm wary about keeping Aven safe and completely uninvolved in this process. If she gets hurt, I won't be able to forgive myself.

"Amolet," Sinful says curtly. I look at him, noting how he looks completely unbothered by the snow. He lives atop a mountain, according to what Cian has told me. "If you're not able to do this, you need to tell us now."

"I will be fine, Sinful," I mutter.

All of the pure bloods doubt that I am capable of this. It's not like I can blame them, I've only my powers against them, and their power doesn't compare to Stace's. I'm worried myself that I will freeze up and won't be able to do it. But if I don't, he will always be a threat to me and Cian, and even Aven, who despite not knowing, I feel the urge to protect.

"You're killing someone," he says frankly. He's trying to read my reaction, to see if even the mention of killing would be enough for me to back off.

"I'll be fine. There is no guarantee that any of you will be able to do it, suicidal or not," I remind them. Hale rolls his eyes, still irritated that it's fallen to me instead of him. Both him and Ira are the most sceptical about my powers. It's tempting me to use it on them first, just to diminish any of the doubt.

"Stace will be able to sense that we are around, and what about her personal guard that you brought up?" Sinful questions, brushing some falling snow from his shoulder.

"Ira can deal with Eryk. Don't kill him, just keep him out of the way," I tell her firmly.

She sighs dramatically. "If you insist."

Instantly, she disappears, leaving only her footsteps in the snow as evidence that she was ever there. The rest of us look between each other, realising this is really going to happen, and that now that Ira will be with Eryk, we are going to have to be quick before Ira loses patience and kills the man out of sheer boredom.

"So I go in, speak to her, and Hale, you go cause a diversion upstairs that lures her up there, and make sure you lock her in the room without you seeing her," I instruct, gesturing toward the manor.

"Got it. And if she sees me, I'll take her memory," he notes, backing up a few steps.

I turn back to the other two as Hale disappears to go do his part. "Sinful, Cian, you wait until Stace arrives. If he tries to kill me, cause a distraction."