THIRTY FOUR

Word Count: 1928

~Amolet

We don't have any other choice. I have to wrap my fingers around Cian's arm, deciding I'm not about to touch Sinful, and allow him to take me to whatever dark, cruel whole the Sin Wrath lives.

My apartment dissolves around, a flicker of darkness being all that I can see before my feet touch ground, and I'm officially back in the immortal realm...And not where I expected to be.

We aren't in a dark cave like I expected, but instead in a foreign looking forest, the trees that shroud the small dirt path we stand on like nothing I've seen before. They block most of the sunlight, but what does make it through the canopy dapples down over us, offering a small amount of warmth. Mingling amongst the trees, are a variety of wildflowers, each with colours that are vivid and bright in a way only seen in the immortal realm.

Twisting around, I notice the absence of two very irritating figures. "Where's Sinful and Hale?"

"They will be here in a moment, I imagine," Cian muses.

I suppress a shiver, even as I turn around to admire my surroundings. "This place is beautiful."

It truly is, even if a look too deep into the woods reveals dark shadows and creeping vines that sweep up and around trees, strangling their boughs. It's hard to imagine anyone lives out here, although keeping Wrath away from civilisation sounds like a good idea...

"Too idyllic, huh?" Cian murmurs, shielding his eyes as he looks up. Mercifully, by whatever magic he employed, he's now in a proper shirt, which is a relief, since I've had enough of flushing every time I glance at him. "She thinks she can hide her poisonous personality with a pretty setting. Fake bitch."

"Cian!" I snap. What if she is listening? "She's your sister."

"We'll see how kindly you speak of her once this is over. She is the only Sin who bows to their true nature in secret, yet relishes in a beautiful facade," he grumbles, gesturing down the path where I figure we will find Ira. I bristle, suddenly unsure if I want to go down there, but it's not as though I can turn around and run away, as I have no idea where in the Immortal realm we are.

Before I can change my mind on anything, the sound of feet hitting the ground and clothing rustling makes me turn around, Sinful and Hale having arrived out of nowhere. And at Sinful's side, is a petrified looking Lev.

"Apologies for the delay," Sinful mutters, pushing at Lev, causing him to stumble forward toward me. I grab his arms, horrified that he has been dragged to the immortal realm with us when I was hoping to keep him out of it. "He wasn't so willing this time."

"Lev?" I gasp, looking over him, before turning my rage-filled gaze toward Sinful. "What did you do?"

"I'm immortally bored, and I thought a little spice may make this interesting," Sinful replies with a shrug, grinning as he leans back casually against the tree. I look toward Hale, but he just stares tiredly out into the forest, infinitely bored as Cian puts it.

"It's okay, Amolet," Lev assures me, although he trembles slightly as he looks around, as amazed by our surroundings as I am.

Cian steps forward, grabbing Lev's arm. "I'll take him back."

"Uh ah, brother," Sinful dares, raising a dark brow. "Do so, and I'm out."

I gape at the immortal, wondering what has made him turn against us so quickly. This is why we can't trust Sins, why putting any faith in them at all is only going to lead to terrible misfortune. But I never expected Sinful to use Lev against me, to put someone he knows means a lot to me right where he is in serious danger. It's tempting to use my mind to strangle him again.

"Why are you doing this?" I demand.

"An innocent present for my dare sister," he grins, brushing past me to walk down the path, looking over his shoulder at us.  "Might soften her up."

I glare at Sinful's back, but regardless, we all follow him, until the hill starts to slope downward, and the trees clear, revealing a small wooden cottage nestled within a blooming garden. It's a beautiful sight, but one that elicits shivers across my skin, knowing that the vibrant colours and distracting views are to conceal the darkness of Ira.

"If this is a trap, I will kill you. Slowly," I growl at Sinful, who pauses before we can make it to the front gate, painted a bright yellow.

He turns, lavender eyes assessing me, a cool expression gliding across his face. "Don't let the power get to your head, pretty mortal."