FORTY THREE

Word Count: 1655

~Amolet

I back away from the door, looking at it as if it's going to let in a plague.

"Let him in," Amolet says, as he knocks on the door again. I shake my head, looking between her and the door. I'm the one who killed Noah. I'm the reason he is here in the first place. If he is going to be angry at any one of us in here, it's going to be me, and now is not the time for me to be wrapped up in his revenge plot.

"Seriously?" I gasp, slowly distancing myself from the door. Noah sings out again, making it very clear he knows we are in here, and isn't planning on walking away until we reluctantly let him in and confront him.

"It's not like he can kill us," Abella says with a shrug. How can she be so casual about him being here considering everything that he has done to her?

I rear back as she approaches the door and cracks it open.

Noah pushes it the rest of the way open, revealing himself. He has a sick smile on his face, although his eyes simmer with anger. He looks over Abella first, and then turns to me, eyes narrowed. My back touches the wall, pinning me into one spot. He may not be able to kill me, but surely he can wound me greatly.

"Well well, if it isn't the bitch who killed me," he mutters hands balling up into fists. There isn't anything around for me to defend myself against him, and I can't be sure my powers are going to work in this realm, now that I'm dead.

I grit my teeth. "Think Abella could say the same thing."

"Hello mate," Noah greets, finally turning his attention to Abella. I feel sick. I can't believe he still calls her his mate. Whatever goes on in his head must be seriously twisted and dark. "What an interesting turn of events, huh?"

Abella moves forward in a flash, slapping him straight across the face with enough force that it twists his head around. I gasp, unable to smother smile at the sight of Noah's stunned face.

"I can do that now, since you're dead too," she snaps, smoothing her shirt down as she steps back, looking as if she didn't just slap a dead Alpha across the face with no remorse. I can tell by her expression that she enjoyed that a lot. "He used to visit me when he was alive, to extract my power."

"What do you want, Noah?" I demand.

"To visit," he says simply, although my eyes narrow doubtfully. "To get to you before Abella did, although it seems I was a moment too late."

Abella and I exchange uncomfortable glances. I'm not sure how either of them managed to find me, but if they can, it means anyone else would be able to, if they wanted to. There's not many people I can think of other than Noah who I've crossed in death, however I'm wary that I'll come across someone else on my path to get out of here.

"I'm leaving, so it doesn't matter." I inch closer to Abella, hoping that if Noah decides he wants to attack me, she will be my back up. I mean, she looks at Noah as if he is the furthest thing from a threat right now, which is silently pleasing.

Noah rolls his eyes, still as verdant green as they were when he was alive. "No one gets out of here."

"Her mate is Immortal, if anyone is going to get her out of here, it's him," Abella sighs.

"And what will you do, Abella?" Noah questions, taking a step toward her. She doesn't match it back, not giving him the satisfaction. "Cian was always your true mate, and yet you are going to reconnect him with his true one?"

My blood goes cold, as I slowly look toward Abella. Her expression doesn't change. She hasn't seemed hostile toward me, nor has she acted with any hint that she is harbouring resentment for me to taking her mate, which she has been down here with Noah seeming to haunt her constantly. I can't help the guilt as it creeps in.