TWENTY TWO

Word Count: 1857

¬Amolet

At first, a devious smile spreads across Astro's face, but that quickly vanishes.

"We may need more immortals to kill Stace," Astro emphasises.

My own panic only increases hearing that. More immortals? Astro doesn't sound particularly pleased at that notion, which means it has to be imperative. How powerful is Stace if he needs multiple purebloods to take him down? Not only does it terrify me, it makes me more skeptical about siding with Astro and Cian. What if Stace decides enough is enough and kills us all without a second thought?

Cian shrugs, looking indifferent. "We have siblings."

Astro narrows his eyes, folding his arms over his chest, shaking his head slowly. I know they don't mean the Virtue's. Astro is already unpredictable, and even though he saved me from Noah and Stace, there is every chance he will turn on me when he doesn't own anything to Cian.

"Not Sinful," he growls. I watch Cian, the way his eyes glitter. He doesn't seem fazed, although it doesn't appear that he is scared of anything, even Stace, as powerful as they make him out to be. I wish I had his confidence right now.

"He's strong," Cian replies simply, sweeping his hand back through his hair in a way that exposes more of his golden roots. "We need him."

"Fine. Not Hale."

"Definitely Hale."

Astro sighs through his nose, pacing back and forth a few strides, the city lights through the window behind him illuminating his tall, imposing figure. Now I'm curious to know what Cian and Astro's relationship with their brothers are. In my head I figured they all got along, having too much in common not to. Clearly I was wrong about that.

"We are not having a family reunion," Astro growls stubbornly, narrowing his eyes on his brother. Cian grins, clearly finding some aspect of this funny. Perhaps it's Astro's discomfort that amuses him so much.

"What's my part in all of this?" I question. If more Sin's are becoming involved in this, then I may want out. I can trust that Cian won't kill me on the spot, and maybe Aatro if I stay in his favour. But there may be no reason for the other immortals to keep me alive, especially when I know everything that I know. I may no longer be valuable to Cian, even.

Astro glares at me, bothered that I even had the audacity to speak. "You're mortal, you will have no part."

"Astro," Cian scolds darkly, the firmness of his tone making me shiver. Astro just rolls his eyes, unimpressed. Cian looks back at me, his expression softening. "I'm sure something will come up, as long as you're safe."

"Why not just go back to your boring mortal life?" Astro asks.

"Because Stace will come and take me right back into the hands of Noah," I sneer in response. Admittedly, I feel safer with Cian than with Stace. Stace wanted to keep me there against my will, upon the instructions of Noah. If Stace is the all powerful one, why is he so willing to work with Noah, especially if Noah killed his own mate? Thinking about it too deeply is starting to hurt my head.

"You can stay here as long as you please," Cian offers. "Neither of them will risk stepping foot in this house, let alone this realm."

"You don't have to do that," I stutter, immediately overwhelmed by that offer.

Could I really stay here with him? I wouldn't last a second if I went outside and tried mingling with immortals. I would have to live here, for however long it takes, without leaving, and perhaps without Cian even here. I'm sure he has better things to do then to entertain me all day while we wait to get all the immortals together.