Chapter Twenty Three

• VLADIMIR PEREZ •

"Is she drunk?" I took in my mate's wonky form, blood red eyes and the stutter in her step before looking at Caleb who was holding her waist, extending my arms to take her.

He nodded, hauling her over to me and she whooped as she landed in my arms and the strong stench of alcohol hit my nostrils making me cough.

"Totally shit-faced. Isabelle and her went out of control, I just dropped her off to Terrance." He said, running a hand through his hair, looking throughly exhausted and I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"It looks like they drained the life out of you, Caleb." I looked at him in amusement.

He growled in annoyance. "They are too much to handle at once, man! And they were drunk! You try handling these two when they're drunk, you wouldn't last an hour."

I laughed, tucking Florence's head in my neck as she tried to wander off. "That's why I gave them to you." I winked at him.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm leaving."

"Thank you." I told him and he nodded before all but dragging himself out.

"Vladimir." Florence drawled out my name.

I looked down at her and sighed. "Yeah, baby?" I asked as I bent down to pick her up in my arms since she wasn't able to walk.

"You know Caleb was being a total b-buzz kill today!"

"Really?" I asked and she nodded vigorously.

"He wasn't letting us do anything! He just wanted us to sit in a corner and watch everyone have the time of their lives." She hiccuped and I let out a laugh, settling on the couch in my office.

"Did you have fun though?" I asked, tucking a piece of her hair away so my view of her face wasn't obscured. Even with half her makeup smudged, she was the most gorgeous girl I'd laid eyes on.

A grin lit up her face and my heart danced in joy upon witnessing it. "Yes! Isabelle and I had an amazing time. R-Rose ignored us the whole night because of Antoine, though." She pouted and I leaned down to kiss it. Her lips tasted salty with a hint of sweetness.

"How rude of her." I murmured against them.

"Yes, I know!" She huffed, crossing her arms making her breasts perk up and I bit my lip, averting my eyes. "She didn't even help me escape Caleb to go sit with the the g-guy we saw."

I froze, pulling away from her and frowned. "What guy?"

"Isabelle pointed out an extremely hot guy sitting all alone and we wanted to give him company." She sighed dreamily; her eyes still red and I felt my beast, near the surface, ache with jealousy.

"What the fuck? I won't let Isabelle hang out with you again." I growled to myself but Florence looked up and frowned.

"But why?" She whined, pouting her lips. "I like hanging out with Isabelle."

"Baby, you're drunk." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Who's drunk?" She shouted in my ear making me cringe "Because it's not me!" She fell back onto the couch giggling like a maniac.