Chapter Six

FLORENCE HILL

We stepped out of the car, Vladimir's arm around my waist, instantly pulling me to his side.

"Does Sebastian know we're here?" I asked Vladimir.

He nodded. "I called him this morning."

I'd learned that Vladimir and Sebastian were good friends but Sebastian never mentioned him so I was surprised.

I nodded. On the outside I seemed cool, calm and collected but I was a bundle of nerves inside and my heart was beating extremely fast. I just wanted to get this over and done with but at the same time I didn't want to do it at all.

"Your pulse is racing." Vladimir said, looking down at me.

I looked at him in bewilderment shocked at how he'd know that but then realised he had his thumb was placed on my wrist.

"Why are you nervous?" He asked softly, as he rubbed my palm calming me down a bit.

"I don't know...I have no idea how I'm going do this." I said, sighing and looking down at my feet.

He put two fingers under my chin, making me look up and pressed me against the car. "I get that this might be hard for you." He whispered, caressing the side of my face and my wolf moaned at his touch, she's always so horny. "But he's not yours, ma amour. I am...and you have to know that." He said, huskily.

"I know that." I whispered back, peeking up at him through my lashes. "But this is difficult."

"I understand." He said before pulling away.

Sebastian came out the door and when he spotted us, he made his way down to us.

"Vladimir, Florence." He greeted but when he attempted to pull me into a hug, Vladimir growled at him.

"Don't." He said through clenched teeth and I glared up at him.

"Okay." Sebastian said, awkwardly, retreating his hands.

"How've you been?" He asked me and I smiled at him.

"Fine." I said and he returned the smile.

"That's good." He said. "I believe you want to talk to Xavier." He said.

I nodded. "How is he?" I asked, quietly.

"Bad." Sebastian sighed heavily. It was clear that Xavier's state was effecting him and it hurt him to see his beta like that.

"Let's go inside." He said before turning to walk inside the house gesturing for us to follow.

When we entered the house, I squealed when I saw Jason and fought my way out of Vladimir's arms running up to him and hugging him.

"I missed you." Jason murmured as he wrapped his arms around me.

Before I could reply Vladimir growled but I ignored it. This was my gay best friend who had no intentions of doing anything with me and I wasn't going to let my jerk mate ruin this.

"I missed you too." I mumbled against his shoulder but I was slammed into a rock hard chest too quickly.

"Mine!" Vladimir snarled at Jason.