Chapter Nineteen

• VLADIMIR PEREZ •

I heard the sound of Florence's melodic laughter coming from the kitchen but it immediately stopped when I entered. She was sitting with Jason. Inviting him was a good idea, he kept her good company.

"Good Morning, Alpha." Jason greeted.

"Call me Vladimir, Jason." I said and he nodded before looking between Florence and I, awkwardly.

I sighed. "Florence, love how long will you torture me like this?" I practically begged which I rarely did.

She didn't reply instead picked up her phone and started scrolling through it.

My blood boiled at being disrespected like that. "Jason, give us a minute." I said through clenched teeth and he nodded, leaving the kitchen.

Florence turned to me with a blank look. "What?" She snapped.

I walked closer to her and snatched the phone from her hand. "Please stop this, baby...I can't stand this."

"I have no desire to talk to you, Vladimir, just please leave me alone." She spat, crossing her arms and backing away.

"I can't tell you how sorry I am, sweetheart." I said softly. "Please..talk to me."

"Are you willing to explain yourself?" She asked, looking up at me expectantly.

I pursed my lips, averting my gaze from hers.

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Well then no, I'm not going to talk to you."

"You can't do that." I said in frustration grabbing her hand as she started to leave. "I'm your mate, you just can't.."

"Yes I fucking can." She snapped before snatching her hand from mine.

"Please, Florence." I murmured. "Don't do this to me, I love you."

"Then tell me what the fuck is going on!"

I sighed heavily. "Please try to understand that I can't." I said, desperation evident in my voice.

"Well, then." With that she pushed me away and walked off.

It'd been two weeks since I last talked to Florence and I missed her like crazy. She'd made it clear that she wanted space and even though I was reluctant to do that, Caleb helped me fulfil her wishes. My heart felt empty, it'd been the longest I had ever gone without seeing her face ever since I met her and my wolf was numb with sadness.

I rubbed my face in frustration as I practically dragged myself to my office. Caleb was there, waiting for me when I reached.

"How are you?" He asked when he saw me.

"Caleb, I need her to be in my
arms—fuck, I just need her to be with me...to talk to me damnit." I said, running my hand through my hair for the nth time in frustration, sitting down in my leather chair.

"You messed up, Vladimir." Caleb murmured and I grabbed the stapler on my desk throwing it on the wall behind him, purposely missing his head.

It landed with a loud bang on the wall, breaking into a million pieces.