Chapter Nine

FLORENCE HILL

I closed my eyes, wrapped up in a huge blanket, trying to go to sleep. I heard the bedroom door open and close and also some shuffling in the background but paid no attention to it. Seconds later, I felt Vladimir pull me into him as his addicting scent engulfed me. I held my breath as I tried to push him away but he grabbed my waist keeping me in place.

"Ma Fleur, I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry about anything." He said in my ear and I stopped struggling.

(My flower.)

"But you're right." He said, after a moment. "There can't be any secrets between us."

I turned around and he propped himself up one of his elbow, staring down at me. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear as he spoke. "It's Rogues." He said and I felt my heartbeat pick up. Rogues were never a good sign in packs, they always caused trouble, sometimes even leading to wars.

"It's nothing serious." He said quickly. "It's just, they're onto something, I know it, but none of them will speak up." He said, sighing in frustration.

"You'll figure something out." I said softly as I took his hand in mine and started caressing it.

He looked down at my hand and intertwined our fingers together before looking back up at me. "I know I will."

"Is your pack safe?" I asked quietly.

"It's our pack and it's completely safe, I promise you." He said, as he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck. He quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him. I blushed at our position, looking down in embarrassment but he grabbed my chin and made me look up, covering my mouth in a hungry, demanding kiss.

I kissed him back, squeezing his neck while he rubbed my hips with his hands. I tried hard to not let a moan escape but Vladimir didn't like that. He squeezed my ass hard before pulling away slightly. "Don't you dare hold back from me, mon chaton sexy." He panted before quickly slamming his lips to mine again.

(my sexy kitten.)

His tongue slipped inside my mouth and I gently touched mine with his as he groaned. Our tongues battled for dominance and as the kiss got more and more intense, Vladimir crushed my body to his, tightening his grip further on my waist.

When I pulled away, I was out of breath but I could tell Vladimir was just fine as he searched for my lips once more, giving me a few more lingering kisses.

"You don't give me a chance to breathe." I panted, staring at him in awe, wondering how he was not breathing just as hard.

He smirked and pecked my lips once more before he sat up, leaning his back against the head board and pulling me into his lap once more so my back was against his chest.

"Tell me about yourself." He said softly, playing with the fingers of my right hand.

"What would you like to know?" I asked.

"Everything." He murmured in my ear, making the hair at the back of my neck stand up. "I feel like we skipped the whole getting to know each other part."

I let out a laugh, agreeing with him before speaking. "So...I'm twenty one years old, my birthday is August 19th. I don't have any siblings. One boyfriend, Xavier. Absolutely hate the colour red because it reminds be of blood.." I paused, cringing at the thought and Vladimir rubbed the back of my hand soothingly. "My favourite colour is navy blue. I love romance novels, always have. I'm a private person and...it takes me time to get comfortable with another person. And lastly, my parents died in a rouge attack years ago." An ache settled at the bottom of my heart at my last words and Vladimir tightened pulled me closer to him, tucking my head under his chin.